£8 for a meat pie at Wembley... outrageous

Options
alanthemanc
alanthemanc Bots Posts: 512
edited 29. Mar 2011, 13:43 in Community Chit-chat archive
Seeing as my favourite footie team is off to Wembley to face our hated rivals soon, I thought I'd check out the prices.
1.. Meat Pie........ £8.00
2.. Fish and chips.. ( about 10 chips apparantly)..... £9.00
3..Hot Dog.....£5.00
4.. Small bag of crisps....£1.50p
5..Coke...... £3.20p.

and these are only last years prices, they might have gone up GULP.
So, if your going to Wembley any time soon , take your credit card. What do you think Alanthemanc

Comments

• caterina57
    caterina57 Member Posts: 1,424
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Forget the credit card and take a flask and some sarnies.....I'd go without than pay those prices!
    Cath
  • alanthemanc
    Options
    Caterina57
    Very sensible idea. I wonder if they will let you in with your own food. Thats another trick some of these venus are starting to try. I tried getting some grub into the M.E.N. arena, and it was a non starter. Aanthemanc.
  • alanthemanc
    Options
    How much is a meat pie at Greggs bakers, is it something like £1.50, so you can see someones making a lot of money somewhere.
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    What a rip-off :!: :shock: :shock: They know that people will pay up because they've got no option except to go hungry and thirsty, but outrageous is the right word :!: :shock:

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    eat before going in there are shops just down the road and pubs so get there early enough to wander and find something then you will just need a drink at half time val
    val
  • coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    Options
    Thats what we always did val. saved a fortune that way and extended the event so had a good day
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    When we go to the flicks we go to welworth pic n mix and get a pot of sweets and pop corn and a can of coke, this country is such a con now best thing is to vote with ya feet in you don't you can't complain, the guys at work go on and on about football ticket prices and kit costs but still go their are mugs in my book.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    we always pop in pound shop on way to pics very rare pay there prices why is pop corn so expensive in there val
    val
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Hey what about the cost of tickets to the Olympics then you'll need a serious amount of cash to go to that, ironic as your already paying for it!. My wife and nipper want to go but they can stuff it as far as I'm concerned to much flippin walking for me anyway.
  • alanthemanc
    Options
    Rehab
    I can't explain it to you really, it's sort of like religion, if you know what I mean. The world will find out soon about this fixture, I hope I'm wrong but I feel things could get very, very, iffy.
    Like I said, I hope I'm wrong, but I feel the guy who is handleing the Police operation will have sleepless nights, between now and then. Alanthemanc
  • alanthemanc
    Options
    Rehab
    The fear I have for this fixture is that although the authorities have tried several things to try and separate the supporters ie, different trains, seperate motorway service stations, etc, etc, this game has all the hallmarks of an incendiary bomb waiting to go off.
    Don't be too surprised if you read in the press the next day of a lot of problems, after all, when these 2 teams meet in an ordinary Premiership fixture, they have to have The Tacticle Aid Squad out in Manchester, just to keep order, watch this space, Alanthemanc
  • alanthemanc
    Options
    Rehab
    Nah, your getting the wrong end of the stick, I'm bobbing on, fighting is for kids, end of story.. All I was trying to put over, is that in this neck of the woods, this is a very different game, and things could get very problematic for the guy who's running the police operation.
    The kick off is 5.15.pm, in other words, hours and hours of booz, which is not going to help either.
    I hope I'm wrong, and everything goes ticketyboo, but if it doesn't- you heard it here first. ( and yes, I still hate our rivals). Alanthemanc
  • alanthemanc
    Options
    Rehab
    Your right Hate is a strong word, but not strong enough in regards to our rivals from across the City. They hate us , and we hate them even more.
    Bye the way it's Rochdale v Stockport, ................. no it's really City v United in 3 weeks time. It might be interesting to watch, even if you dont like football, support the underdogs like me (The Blues), maybe you will bring us luck for a change. Alanthemanc
  • alanthemanc
    Options
    Rehab
    I've been supporting this lot when they were skint in the 3rd division 10 years ago.
    If I was honnest, I would say they will get beat, but the fans remain loyal, and are usualy a good laugh, and enjoy the banter with rival fans.
    Who knows, it's a one off game , maybe the Rags will be overconfident, and a surprise will happen, you never know. Alanthemanc ( proper Mancunian)
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    I would love to see the red scum fall from the great heights.. LOL
    Back to the original reason for the post... As a Leeds fan I think it might be a while before I have to worry about the price of things at Wembley, lol..

Oh at least I can take the mick out of myself..
    :grin::lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    We had the best of our glory days too rkid, lol... Bremner, Clark etc..
    One day, we will be back where we belong.. Might take a bloody while though :lol::lol:
    We can dream.. :wink:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP