Inflamation in my feet and pockets of fluid around tendons..

Options
PhillyCee
PhillyCee Member Posts: 35
edited 26. Mar 2011, 09:28 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi,
Can anybody out there help? I had an ultrasound of my feet and have been told that I have lots of inflamation in my joints and pockets of fluid around the tendons. My foot woman said she has never seen a scan like it! I'm due to see my consultant next week to see where I go from here. Anybody come across this before? Can anybody give me any advice, tried researching this online but no joy.... :sad:

Thanks

PhillyCee

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Sounds normal to me but I am speaking as someone who massively over-produces fluid in her joints. I have PA (different to RA in some respects and includes grotty skin as part of the deal) and just recently had 'substantial' (that was the nurse's word) quantities of fluid drained from three joints, both knees and one ankle - this despite very low inflammatory markers (thanks to humira which is possibly in cahoots with the meth). Your rheumatologist should be able to shed some light on this for you, it could be that the enbrel is losing its effectiveness (these things do not last for ever, which is a great shame for those for whom they work) so I wish you well with your appointment. Let us know what they say! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • PhillyCee
    PhillyCee Member Posts: 35
    Options
    Hi DD,
    thanks for your reply.Have to wait and see I suppose, fingers crossed the consultant will have some answers. Can they drain fluid from the tendons?

Thanks again.

Be well.x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I must admit I have no idea. Sorry. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben