DLA APPEAL AND OTHER ISSUES

Options
KD1
KD1 Member Posts: 3
edited 30. Mar 2011, 12:43 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi All
Its been a long time since I was on this forum,So I hope all sufferers are keeping their chins up.
I have 2 bits of info for you all today
The 1st one is I have my DLA appeal in May got turned down because the said I could walk over 30 metres before being in great discomfort but did not take into account that I am in constant discomfort amongst other things.
2nd one is around my discomfort with OA in both hips.
Cervical spondilosis and angina to boot
Does anyone get pain in groin/lower abdomen,muscle discomfort down the fronts and inside of the legs.
Calve muscle pain and pricking sensation in their toes along with back pain that gives you hell at times with the slightest movement.
A tingling butt/saddle and being a bloke sometimes discomfort in the nether regions .
A tip for today when I eventually get undressed for bed I leave my trouser set out the similar way to a fireman were i swing round out of bed and put both feet in to my pants and pull them all up in one go not as uncomfortable as trying to bend etc. :grin:

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Wow, 30 metres? That's impressive, surely that is just over 100 yards, so it's no wonder they turned you down, discomfort or no discomfort. Why did they say such a large amount, did they watch you do it/measure the distance? Do you have any walking aids that you could use to help ease the discomfort?

From reading other posts on here I would say that you are not alone in the areas where you are feeling the pain etc, it seems to be part-and-parcel of your condition. You don't mention what pain dullers you take but perhaps a review of those by your GP could help you. I don't have OA etc, my version of this pestilence is different but I do wish you well with your appeal. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Welcome back
    I have arthur in my hips and back, only recently I have been having awful pain down my leg, but it goes down the back, this week has changes it is now going into the top of my foot.
    But the tingling you mentioned is also present, in my toes and the sole of my foot.
    I am due to have a back scan next week to see what going on, but I did have to put up a fight to get this scan.
    I hope you put in a new appeal, dont let them battered you down.
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    DD I think you need to borrow my calculator ..............30 metres equates to 32 yards or 100 feet which isn't very far really. :grin:

KD I'm very sorry to hear that you've been turned down and I would think that the majority of us on the forum know what you mean by 'discomfort'. No matter what sort of arthritis you have pain is a terrible thing to live with and I empathise with you.

I'm a Rheumatoid and a girl so don't have any of the sensations you experience and definitely not in my bits :shock: but do have pain and discomfort in varying degrees depending on what sort of day I'm having and which joints are bothersome ...........if not all of them :roll: .

That is a good trouser tip maybe you could copy it on the 'Simple Ideas to Make Life Easier' thread at the top of the Living with Arthritis Forum as we have a good collection of them there.

Good to have you back.
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,445
    Options
    Hi KD1

so did l know you from before??

Either way welcome back and glad you have appealed your DLA - we all have to if we get turned down. I thought it was supposed to be 'without' pain or discomfort? :sad:

As for the groin bit - I keep getting groin strain too!! Hubby thinks l can't as l am not a footballer...??? I have inflamatory arthritis as well as some OA cervical spond and have had back surgery...wondering if it could be your back? oddly enough a new chap Keith has mentioned pain in his calf and he thought nmaybe he had overdone it....maybe he hadn't.

Love

toni xx
  • seamonkey
    seamonkey Member Posts: 323
    Options
    Hi,
    I just wanted to say I have pain in my back, hips and legs all the time, some times its worst than others and i have shooting pains that go from my back down my bum cheek and into my leg. My muscles get tight and ache alot. My hips and legs and back hurt no matte what im doing, up and about, sitting down or in bed. I take pain killers which dont kill the pain!
    Docs havent said what kids of arthritis i have they seem to be holding back although GP has said its some kind of arthritis.
    You have a good way of getting your trousers on. We all come up with ways of making it as easy as we can.
    Im a woman so dont have your nether regions although at times i do have an ache in pelvis/groin. This then can spread into my thighs and hips.
    I too got turned down for DLA just the other day and am appealing. I hope your appeal goes well.
    Seamonkey
  • KD1
    KD1 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR REPLIES.
    ALL THIS HAPPENED AFTER I HAD AN ACCIDENT AT WORK JUMPING UP AND SIDEWAYS AND UPON LANDING FEELING A PAIN/TWINGE THAT LASTED SECONDS BUT CAME BACK A FEW WEEKS LATER WITH A VENGEANCE .
    MY BACK AT THE BOTTOM WHEN I AM REALLY HAVING A BAD DAY FEELS LIKE SOMEBODY IS PUSHING DOWN ON MY HEAD AND CAUSING A SQUASHED FEELING AT THE BASE OF MY BACK.NO MATTER WHICH WAY I MAKE A SLIGHT MOVE ITS AGONY.
    cANNOT HAVE A BATH ,CANNOT GET IN AND OUT,,,,,OPTIONS TAKE BATH OUT FIT SHOWER OR CHEAPER OPTION FIT SLIDE TO BATH THATS GOT ME INTO THE BATH,
    MOW THE DIFFICULT BIT NEED A WAY TO GET OUT LOL
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,445
    Options
    KD1

ask the Gp to refer you to an occupational therapsit oso they can help you with your bathing problems...she/he may have some other good ideas too and can an extra name for your DLA form too.

I am sorry you are suffering so badly :sad: Hope things ease even a tiny bit soon.

Love

Toni xx