They are definitely nesting.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 26. Mar 2011, 18:24 in Community Chit-chat archive
They have to be, the blue tits that is. Despite our neighbour clearing his garden so that everything is now completely open, our little tits are busy flying in and out of the bird box, admittedly with some caution as it is very, very exposed now, but they are working furiously. I think some blackbirds are doing the same in the enormous buddleaia/buddleiea - oh **** the spelling - butterfly plant at the bottom of the garden but as the neighbour's old lilac tree has now gone so has the pigeon's nest - hurrah on that one. Vile birds. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    its lovely to see all the nesting activity DD i hope you do get chick and they do well,
  • caterina57
    caterina57 Member Posts: 1,424
    Options
    Hi DD
    Yes they are all very active aren't they, I have spent the past few mornings watching a pair of blue tits back and forth to a nesting box situated on the back of my neighbours garage. Its very relaxing to sit out early morning with a cuppa and watch and hear all the frantic morning activities of the different birds.
    Cath
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    My wife has a :oops: !,sorry nearly got banned then!.
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Glad the blue tits are doing well dd.
    we haven't seen any around lately. They must be eating food nearer to theiir boxes. We do have a mr.mrs black bird though who come for food and a bath. we also have two fat pigeons who annoy me and two doves.

It is relaxing watching them cath I agree.

Juliepf x
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Now now young man, we'll have less..... Haha

mellman01 wrote:
    My wife has a :oops: !,sorry nearly got banned then!.
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP