Having a nightmare at the min

Options
joann1
joann1 Member Posts: 263
edited 4. Apr 2011, 08:39 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hiya to all hope your all feeling well on this dull day

Well where do i start......... having an absolute nightmare at the min with my INR blood tests...... in short, had op got blood clot on warfarin tablets.....wish it was as simple as that, for last 6 weeks whilst being on warfarin my blood tests have no consistency to them 1 week they are up next week they are down which means warfarin meds increased and injections started, about 2 weeks ago i had my blood test and it came back at 1.2 which is bad so had to start the injections again had another blood test a few days after and it had only increased to 1.8 still not good so continue injectuons warfarin meds increased again then had it done again yesterday and its still 1.8 so again warfarin meds increased and injections all next week again my tummy is like one big bruise to say i am fed up is an understatement, dont get me wrong i am pleased that the consultant who done my op even thought of me to be his guinea pig but i came out of that appt for my blood yesterday thinking that this hospital is going to pay for there mistake, i no it might not seem like much to have to do this but to me when i cant get about at the moment its a real apin in the butt.

Jo-Ann
Jo-Ann

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    You may well want them to pay for an possible error but I expect you signed a consent form before the op - did you read all the small print? Very few do.

I am sure all the jabs are a bind, let's hope that your blood results begin to show a difference soon. Heparin jabs are not nice, more tablets is never really good news but if it all helps the bloods to settle then it will be worth while. You are breaking new ground with this op, helping in research and learning and let's hope it all comes good for you in the end. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • joann1
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    You may well want them to pay for an possible error but I expect you signed a consent form before the op - did you read all the small print? Very few do.

I am sure all the jabs are a bind, let's hope that your blood results begin to show a difference soon. Heparin jabs are not nice, more tablets is never really good news but if it all helps the bloods to settle then it will be worth while. You are breaking new ground with this op, helping in research and learning and let's hope it all comes good for you in the end. DD

True DD signed the forms that warned me of the complications, although the dvt was caused by the op so to speak, the consultant had asked for me to have the injections but it was the nurse who decided she didnt want to check that when i asked her about them, (so there a bit of a blame game going on at the min), its had to be noted as a significant event at the hospital, anyway got better news today blds are 2.2 so can stop my injections till friday at least, it gives my tummy time to heal and for the bruises to go incase need to start them again.
    Jo-Ann
    Jo-Ann
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Hi Jo-ann, sounds like you have had a rough time lately..
    How is the knee feeling though? I really hope it is healing ok.

I will no doubt have to catch your reply later, I am being visited by the sleepy beastie, friend of the new pain patch, lol.......

:grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • joann1
    Options
    tjt6768 wrote:
    Hi Jo-ann, sounds like you have had a rough time lately..
    How is the knee feeling though? I really hope it is healing ok.

I will no doubt have to catch your reply later, I am being visited by the sleepy beastie, friend of the new pain patch, lol.......

:grin:

Hiya Toni
    sorry have not replied, had abit of rough few days, i managed to fall out the shower (dont ask) and having a nightmare with work, so bn feeling very sore just hoping i havent damaged my knee, on antibiotics as something bout the scar on my knee was very hot and red so dr gave them to me just incase there is an infection, managed to get my confidence back up again to be on my own.
    hope u ok and managing to sleep (with the aid of your patches)
    Jo-Ann
    x
    Jo-Ann
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi joann1

Well after reading all that I hope this week , starting today improves for you.
    My dad is on warfrin....cause he too got a blood clot in his leg....not the same reason as yours, but he too has to keep changing his dose every so often and he has been on warferin a few years. I think it is just one of those things.......I hope they get yours right soon, and the antibiotics start to work on your knee soon.

take care
    juliepf x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,463
    Options
    Hi Jo-ann

poor you :sad: I do so hope you are doing better and tehy are letting you off the needles still?

You poor thing! I HATE needles and l know how vile the warfarin ones are proper stingers :evil

I hope you have recovered form your fall.

Keep your chin up if you possibly can...l hope your bloods will be better from now on.

Love

toni xx