inflateable bath lifts..

Options
jmg1414
jmg1414 Member Posts: 6
edited 31. Mar 2011, 14:20 in Living with Arthritis archive
Does anyone have one ..which one...and how is it?

I sit at the moment on a bath seat and shower but would love to lay and soak sometimes...dont want a big chair thing and if it is portable I could take it away with me to hotels and the like....There seem a few models just wanted to know from someone who uses one...thanks

Jennifer

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Jenifer,

can't help you cus I haven't seen them but they sound good.... I stopped having baths cus i couldn't get out and it took over 3/4 hour to do so. There was no way i would call anyone :lol: Kinda thought I will die in here rather than ask someone to help :lol:

I miss baths s much, used to ease so much pain in the back and hot is always good for me. You know one day i shall have a big sunken one with steps :wink: If you do get one let us know if they are any good please? Cris x
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    I think the bath bubble looked quite good and i think the latest models have an arm at the side for stability. I think it would be best if you had a demonstration. Some companies offer this service. I wouldn't ever recommend the other type of lift as I have one but it is the loft. Was a waste of money. You don't get fully submerged unless you fill the bath to the overflow.
    It can be carried around but i still think it is bulky. Also if it was left in the bath it collected scum underneath.

I hope you find a good inflatable one and please let us all know what you think.

juliepf x
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi, SorryI cant help either but wish you luck finding what you need. Then only thing I've had is a bath seat from the OT which was worse than usless LOL...so big it displaced all the water.....most of me was out of the water so there was no point in trying to soak....Good Luck

Love Hileena
  • jmg1414
    jmg1414 Member Posts: 6
    Options
    I know someone who has a chair type..you need a bath with about 5 ft of water depth in to cover your knees....I want to relax in the water and maybe read a bit and not have cold knees....The inflatable ones seem to go rignt down under you so take up little room in the bath...I really hope someone can tell me about them...thanks

JENNIFER
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,445
    Options
    Jennifer

there are those you can google so you can see how they work....the only thing is if you can't afford them yourself OTs are only able to give you one of the ones their budgets allow :sad:

Love

Toni xx
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Jennifer, Julie's advise to get a rep to let you try them out sounds great advice. I love baths and will need one of these lifts in the future - so looking forward to your update/feedback. Hope you find one that works for you (and is affordable!!)

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.