It goes on and on

Options
grampyal
grampyal Member Posts: 81
edited 27. Mar 2011, 07:51 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi, Those who remember me will know that my last operation was postponed on March 10 because the hospital had lost the mrsa swabs.
I duly received a new appointment for op. on 29 March but no appointment for the swabs. Friday 18th I realised that if I didn't get swabs done soon they wouldn't be ready for 29th, so phoned hospital and, you've guessed, they didn't know what I was on about. At last said I could have swabs done on Friday25th. Too late I said they won't be ready in time. OK go to assessment on Monday. The **** nurse decided I needed swabs PLUS afull assessment and blood presure was high 156/116. They did try but the best they got was 148/100, despite my returning for two more days. Result, I'm taken off the list and told to go to g.p. for treatment. He took b.p. and it was 142/90. He says he cannot give me treatment as my b.p. is OK. So now I cant have my knee done because I've got high blood pressure and I cant have treatment for high blood pressure because I don't have high blood presure. Its enough to send your blood pressure up.
Al

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Al,

I am sorry you been mucked about so much... kinda what they seem to do now a days.

I really hope your bp comes down but could it be the stress of being there? i wonder if you did it at home would it be any better? mind they wont take home readings.

Fingers crossed you can get it down and they get you back on the list. Cris x
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi al

No wonder your blood pressure is all over the place.

I hope your bloodpressure (that you haven't now got) gets sorted
    and that you are put back on the list soon.

Take care
    Juliepf x
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Al

That is so unfair. Your BP was more than likely high because of all the flak you have had regarding your swabs, cancellation of an op date and being in the hospital. I had my pre op last week and the nurse said my bp was a little high. I replied it was more than likely because I was in the hospital. She did not bother to take it again. (I am on a water tablet daily for high BP.)

So where does that leave you now? As you say, it is more than enough to set your BP going through the roof. Your GP should contact those concerned to say your bp is fine and you should not have your op cancelled.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,445
    Options
    Oh AL :sad:

That is dreadful!!

I do hope that your GP is getting back to them to let them know your BP is ok at their clinic???

I do hope you won't have to wait too long for the opp now. Did they do the others tests swabs etc??

Love

Toni xx
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Hi Al

This sounds like a classis case of white coat syndrome where your blood pressure is up becuase you are getting pinged about like an elastic band on a turbo engine!! Cant you take it yourself or ask someone to come to your home and take it there......?
    Hope the situation gets resolved.

Elainex
    grampyal wrote:
    Hi, Those who remember me will know that my last operation was postponed on March 10 because the hospital had lost the mrsa swabs.
    I duly received a new appointment for op. on 29 March but no appointment for the swabs. Friday 18th I realised that if I didn't get swabs done soon they wouldn't be ready for 29th, so phoned hospital and, you've guessed, they didn't know what I was on about. At last said I could have swabs done on Friday25th. Too late I said they won't be ready in time. OK go to assessment on Monday. The **** nurse decided I needed swabs PLUS afull assessment and blood presure was high 156/116. They did try but the best they got was 148/100, despite my returning for two more days. Result, I'm taken off the list and told to go to g.p. for treatment. He took b.p. and it was 142/90. He says he cannot give me treatment as my b.p. is OK. So now I cant have my knee done because I've got high blood pressure and I cant have treatment for high blood pressure because I don't have high blood presure. Its enough to send your blood pressure up.
    Al