HOT

Options
dawn42
dawn42 Member Posts: 16
edited 28. Mar 2011, 15:23 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi does anyone suffer with the heat/being hot like i do? im always hot no matter what the weather its like an internal fire all time drives me mad,my doc said it was a symptom of ra and some of the meds cause it and nothing much can be done,has anyone any suggestions or ways they cope with it when im at work i really get embarrassed coz i know my face is like a beetroot im outwardly and inwardly always hot cannot stand it.

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    This crops up repeatedly, for me the melting and sweating is a side-effect of the meds, namely the humira and steroids. It's not pleasant but as it doesn't hurt I can cope with it.

I dress with layers and stick to natural fibres, namely cotton and linen. Any man-made fabric is banned from my wardrobe including tights.

I keep either a small hand towel in my bag or a couple of face flannels, they are handy for mopping up/wiping down.

I am sitting here with my tower fan whirring away - lovely. I use my BB as a fan when out if I have forgotten to take my cheap-as-chips paper fan from one of the Chinese food stores we have here.

Things worsen at night, I wake about every 50-90 minutes with a melt, so my pillow is wrapped in a towel, I have one to wipe down and on bad nights I sleep on a bath sheet. That can really help. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • alarkra
    alarkra Member Posts: 213
    Options
    Hi Dawn,

I suffer with being hot all the time too. I find that it's my Methotrexate which is to blame. If you work at a desk, then get yourself a desk fan. I found that was my salvation when I did my last job - stopped me being bright red all the time and kept me a little cooler. I hope that you find a solution that works for you. :wink:
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    Hi dawn

i was told it was the arthritis.

I take paracetamol if my temperature is up...otherwise you coudl try those cooling sprays and layers of clothing.

Love
    toni xxx