World CO2 day thingy

mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 27. Mar 2011, 15:17 in Community Chit-chat archive
Just a quick one, were being asked to turn our lights off for world CO2 day or some such thing, well just a warning if we all did it at the same instant we stand a seriouslty good chance of tripping the grid system so make sure ya got ya candles ready just in case OK.

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Warning noted and appreciated. Thanks mell! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mellman01
    No problem DD it's just what has been said at work in the past, so better to be safe etc, what gets me is the flat Earth lot want what they can't have, green engery is their holly Grail and they lose all reality when they think of it, it is not possible to generate the amount of power we all need by wind wave and sun and more importantly the grid is a phased system and power stations need to be "reactive", to grid changes and they aren't at all, god knows what we are going to do, oil and gas are in the hands of unstable and despotic nations and coal is the devils rock although we are sitting on 400 odd years of the stuff, the only real way forward is small home generation bassed on 12 vold DC with 240 ac volt inverters but this isn't practical as houses don't have enough land for the wind turbines ans soalar panels it would need, nuclear is clean and afordable but now Japan has gone pop it looks like the greens will shout it down so god knows where we will end up, rolling power cuts if were not lucky.
    Bottom line is it's a mess and don't think a Gee Whizz is green it isn't, it's a flat Earth statment of total stupidity who's exhaust is at the nearest CCGT or coal station.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    do not understand why they would ask us to and when ?? i must read the news more but most of it so boring Lol. can we just not turn them on would be more sensible but what do i know when there was only the odd day fof this that or the other people took notce but now there something every week
    val
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I've just read in the paper that it was yesterday this happened. We're OK, I've put the candles away. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    We get so many power cuts where I live that it wouldn't make much difference from normal. :roll: ( No idea why! ) I've taken out shares in a candle factory :!: :lol:

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • mellman01
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    I've just read in the paper that it was yesterday this happened. We're OK, I've put the candles away. DD

DD you believe what the paper says!?, they will tell you what they think will sell copies I'm not sure I even trust the Telegraph and the Times these day's let along the Express and the mail who are only filled with hate and Diana stories well that and strange photo's in the centre pread of cats in strange postions and dogs in human cloths,why does the mail do that do you think it's most strange??. mind you knowing how apathetic we are theses day's no one will be arsed with it anyway!. :grin:
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    If they really want to save power, then tell the power companies to stop pretending and turn off the power that is fed to wind generators on a windless day. This is done to con the public that they may actually generate some power during the year from all the massive government grants for their white elephants.
    Josephm0310.gif