Is this one of the best days of the year?

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 29. Mar 2011, 03:51 in Community Chit-chat archive
It's nearly seven in the evening and it's still daylight. I have just been in the garden and there was one rather tubby beebly-bum investigating the ummmm, woss it called - pyrrus? - it's an evergreen, white, drooping bracts of flowers, new flame-red shoots of leaves, anyway hovered and a snoop, then bumbled off. I like the first evening after the clocks go forward, it does cheer one. I guess the morning will be dark, tho, can't have everything! DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I do love to see the bumble bees bobbing about through into the evening, gives a glimmer of hope that the weather might be ok.. Lol

Roll on sunshine....
    :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    It has been gorgeous here today As we are an hour ahead it did not get dark till well gone 8.30.We still get a dawn chorus here One of the dogs got me out of bed last week at 6.30 and the birda were rally giving it some.Also all the fruit trees we planted are budding and leafing :smile::smile::smile:
  • jilly
    jilly Member Posts: 503
    Options
    Same here DD watched a bubbly bee for 5 minutes , they took over a bird house last year , so hoping they do it again . i love watching them . i dont know if anyone else thinks it but i think it as been a very long winter , feeling the sun on your face is such a good feeling.............jillyx
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    It has been a very long winter..

We call them bumble wasps in our house..
    My OH was prancing around like a ballerina the other evening.. was hilarious..
    The puppy tried catching one too..
    A good sign the warmer weather is on the way,, it lifts your spirits..
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Had a bloody wasp in the kitchen last night, big one too, I hate them, they are horrible little black and yellow flying nazis, only purpose in life is to be evil... :green
    Needles to say he got well and truly squished...

Bees I luv, wasps, erm, no, not a fan.. Lol
    :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tjt6768
    Options
    When I was about 4 a whole nest of them attacked me, had to be taken to hospital.... Remember it well :x
    Was my Brother's fault, him and his mates were burning a nest out in the distance, all the wasps flew out and made a bee-line (boom boom) for me, I was on the blooming doorstep :shock:
    I remember the pain, and my Mum ripping my clothes off trying to get them off of me, the stings were everywhere :eek:
    Buggers................. :roll:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    I love the light evenings too but they do take some getting used to at first.
    I have to clock watch after 3pm so that I don't forget tea :lol:

juliepf x