update

Options
seamonkey
seamonkey Member Posts: 323
edited 29. Mar 2011, 13:43 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi,
I just wanted to pop in and update on what was going on with me at mo.
Ive been signed off again. Doc says def not fit to work. I am waiting for appointment with the local pain clinic to see if they can help although im not at all sure what they can do.
Im also still waiting to be seen by back surgeons to see if they can help.
I have been keeping a pain diary and also a diary noting any time some one has to help me to do something. This has been very insightful and i have sent a copy to GP hoping it may trigger something. I have noticed that when i say leg pain it is actually leg and hip pain. Ive never had any xray or scans of my hips so may be a problem may lay there. It is frightening just how much help i still need even with all my aids around the house.
I am also sending a copy of both diaries to the DLA as i was turned down i have asked they look again. Ive got testimony from friends, my children and have asked my GP to write to them. Also my OT wrote on my behalf.
If im not able to work then i need to fight for some kind of benefit.
Hope every one isnt too bad.
WIshing you all well,
Seamonkey

Comments

• caterina57
    caterina57 Member Posts: 1,424
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi sorry that you are still having all this pain and problems. It seems to me that you are doing exactly the right thing in recording the pain you are experiencing and all the help you are needing. Evidence is required for anything and everything these days - so I think what you are doing is good.

Good Look with it all
    Cath
  • ppjthomas
    ppjthomas Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi seamonkey

Sorry to hear you are not feeling too good. Thanks for your reply the other day to my request for advice about problems at work. just to update I went into the jobcentre with my son and picked up a leaflet about access to work. I contacted them and they came out and assessed my workplace and made loads of recommendations to help me. i have passed this on to my employer, and the ball is in their court now, although they have been a bit relunctant to move on this even though they are a big local authority employer!! It was really nice to read about other people having the same difficulties as me as sometimes you can feel a bit isolated with this, as you probably know. Best of luck with your trying to get reassesed for dla.

ppjthomas
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi seamonkey

Sorry to see you are still having a rough time there, but you do seem to be keeping on top of it all and getting to grips with it, so well done you. Good idea to keep the diary and I hope you do get some positive appointments soon which will give you some support. Good luck with the DLA too, I'm afraid it is stories like yours which made me glance at the forms and throw my hands in the air and bin them. If you get turned down, I haven't a smidge of a chance!
    Hang in there.
    Chris
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Seamonky,

Sorry your going through it there, its not fair your having to fight for the dla as well.

Pain clinics can do a hell of a lot to help keep the pain inside a manageable level.... mine keeps me going and has tried numerous things and as they stop working tried a few more... not sure what comes next but as yet this new treatment is still working and well hopefully you will find a good pain doc and it will help you.

Hope the ortho's will see you soon and they also may be able to help you.

With luck these two appointments will be with you soon. hang in there flower. Cris x
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi seamonkey
    Sorry that you are still in lots of pain and not able to return to work.
    Good luck with the dla application and I hope your pain clinic app comes through shortly.
    Take care
    Juliepf x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    Hi Seamonkey

thanks for teh update - l was wondering how you are doing....

well done for keeping the dairy - it IS insightful and my rheumatologist likes it if l can give difinitive information so useful too.

And well done for doing all that to get the benefits you should be entitled to. You are doing really well.

behind you all the way

Love

toni xx
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    Hi SM..

I not been on much lately so sorry not spoke to you..
    Sorry to hear you still not feeling great.. can get you down at times.. i'm actually having an ok day for a change just the tiredness has got to me today..
    You doing a great job of staying on top of things and writing the diary, hopefully that will support your application..
    Your ESA and that sorted now..?? mine is starting this week so finally sorted..
    Keep up the good work, and keep positive..
    We can support eachother..
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx