toothache

Options
valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 2. Apr 2011, 05:37 in Community Chit-chat archive
hi got awfull toothache one at the back been playing me up all week but so painfull now will have to get in dentist tomorrow would not be bad but hate going and when in pain well bricking it would be the term to use. when they put that suction thing in my mouth gag something awfull and sure they going to want to do root canal val
val

Comments

• caterina57
    caterina57 Member Posts: 1,424
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh Val
    You have my complete sympathies - I am absolutely terrified of dentists - not the pain or anything like that - its just that I have a real fear of not being able to breath once they start working in my mouth!
    Cath
  • valval
    Options
    i am a bit of a control freek and sat there totally out of control does not sit well . the pain bad so got to go can not stand the thought of this pain any longer val
    val
  • caterina57
    caterina57 Member Posts: 1,424
    Options
    Well hope you get an appt tomorrow to sort it all out - Good Luck!
    Cath
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Oh dear, Val, that sounds really painful. Teeth are nothing but trouble, and a lot of expense too. They were the design fault in God's masterplan for the human race, I think.

I hope that you get an appointment tomorrow.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    oh val good luck with the dentist . I went to the dentist with a back tooth problem a few years ago. She gave me antibiotics then on my return wanted to do the root cnal thing but I didnt....I asked her to pull it instead.......was cheaper too.
    Juliepf x
  • coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    Options
    good luck Val, xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I emapthise completely but who needs the extra pain? It's a nice diversion at first, it takes your mind off the other stuff but then . . . . . get it sorted, you will feel so much better after. You may not need the root canal work - it could just be a simple filling but as I am neither a doc or a dentist who can say? Let us know how you get on - we will be with you in spirit. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • valval
    Options
    12.30 see dentist can not close mouth as if teeth touch well tend to hit ceiling lol thanks for suport scared to death lol but can not cope with this amount of pain much longer had to phone work and tell them might be late as not sure when will get out went down like lead weight after trouble friday oh well nothing can be done about it now it never rains but it poors val
    val
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I'll be there in spirit. Good luck. DD
  • rugbygirl
    rugbygirl Member Posts: 691
    Options
    I will be there in spirit (at the bottom of a bottle) as that is the only way you will get me to the dentist :D
    Jakib0644.gif
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh Val I know how painful this is, I do hope you get it sorted today...just keep thinking how good it will be without the pain.
    Good Luck
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    hi val.....you sorted now?

hope so,

juliepf x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I hope it's all done now, have you had to go straight to work? Anyhoo, I hope all is well and that the pain has at least eased (if not gone altogether). DD
  • valval
    Options
    got am abscess so pain still here lol yes went straight to work got penicillin had xray, paid 16.50 how do they work these prices out will take up to 30 hours for meds to kick in so taking pain meds and praying thanks for positive thoughts did help was shaking even worse when came out after he had prodded it. the chemist was not doing prescriptions 1till2 just my luck had to get mum to fetch them so could get in system as quick as possible val
    val
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    An abscess? YUK. Poor you, I hope the anti-biotics work sooner rather than later and that things begin to ease soon. Top-up the pain dullers, you don't need this extra bother, do you? DD
  • valval
    Options
    my son prescribed southern comfort last night to kill pain think should have taken his advice.
    dell and deedee thanks he said about 30 hours till pen kicks in just had nap pain really wipes me out was looking for peas to put on it and youngest said they in my bedroom i know who keeps supposedly frozen peas in there bedroom (he had football yesterday and aggravated a foot injury so will let him off) going to get them in bit might help val
    val
  • jennylynn
    jennylynn Member Posts: 101
    Options
    oh dear :-( valval,

abscesses really are no fun at all are they? i'm sure as soon as the pen kicks in you will be feeling much better. I dont know if i misread your last post, but got the impression you were putting frozen peas directly on to the tooth thats hurting? just wanted to say be careful as you could cause freezer burns to your gums if you are not careful. Though of course could just be my inability to read after 6pm at night :smile:

I do hope you get some relief from the abscess. Nasty horrible things they are :smile: and with regards to the fees - good old NHS prices! (fees are going up on 1st april - how considerate of your tooth to start hurting before then!)

Jennyx
    Jennyx

kittens.jpg?1295453358
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Val I hope it eases soon, good job you didnt try the demon drink...I did that last year because of toothache.....my head nearly exploded...the dentist said it swells the blood vessels....use plenty of hot salty water..
    Good luck
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • valval
    Options
    was going to wrap peas in towel and put on jaw under tooth it swollen thanks for replys pain meds kicking in want to eat but do not dare yet val
    val
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    Hi Val,

Know how you feel there, Im having two teeth removed today, dreading it. Hope you have yours sorted out now and feeling less painful.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • valval
    Options
    some of swelling gone this morning so can nearly close mouth with out hitting ceiling.
    i know why the victorians used to put those bandages around there heads and jaws used hand as support most of yesterday lol could have done with one myself val
    val
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Well that's progress of sorts, isn't it? I hope it continues to ease. DD
  • valval
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Well that's progress of sorts, isn't it? I hope it continues to ease. DD

thanks yes it getting there, yesterday was totally awfull was well on par with arther pain wise i must admit could have curled up in bed and not moved does not help scared stiff of dentist even check up makes me shake val
    val
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    I think my first post should have been on the first page before you went to the dentist.

Anyway, I do hope that the pain starts easing for you soon.

I've just got back from dentist, had two teeth taken out, so at the moment I'm all numb.

I do hope you feel better soon.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Oh poor you! I hope it is all OK when the numbness wears off. DD