Diet Club Monday Weigh In

Options
jilly
jilly Member Posts: 503
edited 29. Mar 2011, 02:40 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi , Well as arranged got weighed this morining , only lost 1 pound but i have still lost so thats good . I think the protein diet must of suited me better , i am going back to it today. I am down to 15st 2Ibs almost under the stone i love going under the next stone. So that is 8Ibs altogether .
My husband has lost 2ibs down to 12st 13Ib that is 10Ibs for him hes not been that for a couple of years . I think not eating bread as made a big difference he did like his bread and really misses it so dont know how long he can stick to not eating it .
Hope you have all lost a pound or two and looking forward to next weeks weigh in. My jeans feel much better so it as been worth it . My husbands belly has gone down a lot he seems to have more energy.

I am still getting used to the new Sulfa meds for my inflamatory arthritis so dont feel that well at the moment , they seem to give me a headache daily.

So thats it until next monday hope you are all a little lighter and feeling ok. ........................jillyx

Comments

• constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Jilly,

Glad you have lost some, I only lost Half a pound. And I hope that the meds start working for you, and that you start feeling better soon.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • jilly
    Options
    Hi Karen thats good you lost thats what matters, have you a target in mind ? ............jillyx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Still have no batteries for the scales but good luck everyone.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Got on mine, read them, read them again with my specs on, still didn't like what I read, so got off them. :smile:

Well done to you both, losing weight is not easy and it does take time, but slow, steady progress is far better than a sudden drop. It takes time to alter one's eating habits but from the sound of things you are doing OK. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • jilly
    Options
    Thanks DD , I have been overweight most of my life been up to 20stone and down to 9 stone. I had always been very fit even though i was overweight. I know almost every calorie value because i have tried every diet . I found out in the last 12months i have a underactive thyroid and wonder if that had something to do with it . So I am hoping this time if i lose the weight i might find it easier to keep off.
    So onwould and upwoulds ,I hope I can just get down to a weight that I can feel ok at, i am past worrying about looking good just feeling ok will do ......jillyx
  • constable
    Options
    Hi Jilly,

Yes, if I could loose 2 stone and a half that would be lovelly, but my priority at the moment is to loose for my op which I've been told will be around 4 weeks or so.

Karenxx
    Karen xx
  • caterina57
    caterina57 Member Posts: 1,424
    Options
    Hi
    I have already posted on the diet club page, I have lost 2lbs this week I was a bit disappointed at first but before I started I said I wanted to loose 1 or 2lbs a week my experience tells me it likely to stay off longer this way.

Well Ladies we are on our way -- heres to more weight loss next week!
    Cath
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Got on mine, read them, read them again with my specs on, still didn't like what I read, so got off them. :smile:

Well done to you both, losing weight is not easy and it does take time, but slow, steady progress is far better than a sudden drop. It takes time to alter one's eating habits but from the sound of things you are doing OK. I wish you well. DD
    Oh DD this is me at the min...not lost a single half pound...but at least it not going on.. :grin:
    Love
    Barbara
  • jilly
    Options
    Hi Karen , I was in this postion when i had my hip replaced , That is when i started doing Atkins it worked for me , i lost 3 stone in a few months .I have put it back on but it took a few years and i have started with a underactive thyroid so that didnt help .
    When you do the first 2 weeks they ask you to only do 20 carbs a day and most people loss 10ibs and over in the first 2 weeks .
    I know it is hard to convince yourself that Atkins works but it does. The hard part is doing without carbs , if you want a go PM and i will help you with it . ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,jillyx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I think an under-active thyroid doesn't help, neither does a sluggish metabolism. Weight does fluctuate and it is harder to lose as one ages. I hope that my weight loss will gradually accumulate as I lower and lower the steroid dose, but if it doesn't then more determined measures shall be taken.

The secret to weight loss is simple: eat less fattening stuff, eat better quality stuff, move around more. I am doing the first two, but struggling with the last one. It hurts to move and the more I move the more stuff hurts. Eeeee, it's a grand life. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    Options
    i lost 2lb
  • constable
    Options
    Hi Jilly.

Did PM you, just not show whether I did it right, can you let me know.

Thanks

Karen xx
    Karen xx