Everything sux today!

Options
keith1971
keith1971 Member Posts: 302
edited 29. Mar 2011, 11:23 in Living with Arthritis archive
So............

I've been getting on well with my sulfa intake, no adverse reactions to report........been trying to walk for at least half an hour a day......was going okay, some days better than others..........then today it seems like I've pulled a calf muscle or something and am now hobbling around like a 90yr old..........

Seems it only ever pours, never rains............

:evil
315yexv.jpg

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 29. Mar 2011, 05:01
    Options
    Sorry. It didn't say what I thought it did. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Keith
    You just treat it has a little setback, take it easy for a few days, strap it up and and dont be on it for long, till the pain eases
    Good luck and enjoy the walking.
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • keith1971
    Options
    Thanks Barbara - I've rubbed some ibuprofen gel into it & it's taken the edge off a little.

DD.....you know I like you & everything but are you aware how patronising that reply was? :wink:

x
    315yexv.jpg
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    Hi keith

You are doing soooo well, taking the mesd as prescribed and exercising and look what happens....must feel like it's backfired. Well l am glad you have tried the gel - it helps me a bit too when things go wrong.

Tonight l would rest if l were you...

l been to the rheumy today...looking good....get home and thsi afternoon the fingers of my RT hand all swollen :lol: typical eh?

You rest and tomorrow l hope you have good news to report

Love

toni xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Keith,

She means well though just its not always easy to convey things in flat words.

Hey you are as Toni said your doing really well. Your on the sulfa and that's a big step in its self.

I can't remember but think the sulfa took 3 months to show any improvement in my bones. I wasn't too lucky with it and it only worked for a few weeks and then i got a reaction and now am on mtx.

Its hard to pace your self i don't think I have learned how to very well at all and that's after 30 years :lol:

Some days are a bit rough and some wont be and if the sulfa does work for you then the rough days will be less. I am sorry though cus it would be better if it were instant eh?

You rest up ad I hope tomorrow you will feel a lot better and be less stiff. Cris x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    hi so sorry you have such a set back but that is all it is try splitting walk up into 10 min sesions till you are back to normal or try swimming it is so anoying when body will not let you do as you wish but stay positive you will get back to normal soon and onwards and upwards from there good luck val
    val
  • keith1971
    Options
    Thank you ladies, charming as ever :wink:

Calf's a little better this morning so gonna take it easy & give my walk a miss until it's not hurting at all.

Pacing myself is something perhaps I'll have to incorporate.....not something I'm used to!

Hope you're all semi-ok this morning.

x x
    315yexv.jpg
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    You're right, it did, 'cos I somehow managed to omit a couple of key phrases. Keith, I do apologise, quite how I managed to do that I am not sure. One phrase was 'I feel for you', another was 'it is difficult and a real challenge' and I think there was a third - 'none of this is easy'. I made a right balls-up of that, didn't I? :oops: I'll go and delete it. DD
  • keith1971
    Options
    No worries DD, I know you mean well - I didn't take it too personally.

Hope you're good today xx
    315yexv.jpg
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    No, I made a pig's ear of it. Simples. DD
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi Keith, Never had plesure talking to you before, but I can understand exactly how you feel! My arthur started in my right leg, then right leg got lonely so left leg decided to become right legs buddy. So I hobbled round looking like a penguin (OH's nickname!) The the right hip decided to join group,then left hip and lower back!
    Now I'm a 38yr old in a 80yr olds body! I was starting to be o.k with having to bedrest every day while my pain is major p**sing me off! but this morning I found a cyst down in lady area! (I am prone to them!) So I am joining Keith's club in everything sux today!! Hey we should set it up as a special club! Like the film 'fight club!' major fav film that is!! What ya think Keith! 8) :lol:
  • keith1971
    Options
    Hi Bubbadog, pleasure's all mine.

A cyst in your lady area you say? Oooh, sounds rather unpleasant for you, hope you get it sorted out a.s.a.p.

As for the 'Everything Sux Today Club' -- I'm definitely the whingey ol' chairman right now! You're more than welcome to join me as my 2nd in command.......

I'm 39 myself & every day that rolls past seems to add another year & another ache'n'pain! It's amazing how much can change in as little as a year.

:???:
    315yexv.jpg
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    Hi Keith

Hope your back walking soon, sending you hugs and hopefully your leg will be feeling better quickly so you can get back to your walks. I used to love walking everwhere, but that has stopped now, got very used to staying at home now. :sad:

Anyway hope your feeling more on top now.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Hi Keith

Thought I'd check in to see how today is for you.

Glad to hear the calf has eased a bit - another day and maybe back to 'gentle' walking??

Is the new picture you? If so how did you DO that??!!

Love

toni xx

Bubbadog....Oooooohhhh :???:
  • keith1971
    Options
    Hey......

Did the family shop today instead of walking - lifting heavy bags & my son only served to remind me how much my hands & elbow hurt. Can't win 'em all eh? :P

Yes, the pic is me.....thought I'd put it there as I like to put faces to names & thought you lot might be the same.

It's basically in my profile 'signature' bit. Upload a photo to a site like TinyPic & they then generate a code which you just cut & paste.

x
    315yexv.jpg
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Ah!!

you look dead nice :grin:

I might have a go, but the rest of the guys on here might not appreciate it!!!! :lol:

Love

toni xx