BUYING a BUNGALOW

bertyboy
bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
edited 29. Mar 2011, 11:14 in Living with Arthritis archive
feeling quite sad but we are finally coming to the decision to sell the house and find a bungalow love the house and garden but its just too big to manage , Arther has so much to answer to , i know its the right thing to do for us both please wish us luck for a quick sale at the right price x
I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    We are doing the same, in a few weeks time. I can't wait to move, the stairs are a real nuisance now. I hope it all goes well for you and yes, life will be so much better when it's all on one level! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • gickygawky
    gickygawky Member Posts: 478
    Good luck Bertyboy!

Hubby and I did the same last summer and it has made life so much easier. We couldn't find a bungalow that we liked in the area we are now in, but have downscaled and have a very small cottage with one set of stairs rather than a much larger house built on three levels.

Good luck with the sale - lots of people will be gearing up to buy throughout the spring and summer so hopefully you will have loads of interest.

Arna
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    moving from a house to this place (ground floor flat with wet room shower) was a great move... It has been so much easier on both of us.. We had a stair lift at the old place but when I had the assessment to move the ot went mad because I'd never had a stairlift revue and should never have been using one in the first place as I can't bend my knees properly to sit on the lift.. Lol

Just wanted to wish you the very very best of luck with the moves, it really is a big step (yeah, pun intended, haha) but you will be so much better off for it...

Being all on one floor is a great help.
    :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Hi Berty

Hope you do get a quick sale and are soon settled. Am sure it is a bit a tough decision to make but kinda exciting too I hope. Good luck with it all. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.
    take care
    Chris
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Hi Berty,

We did just the opposite to you because we had a bungalow when I first had RA, after three years we decided to move to a house because we'd always wanted a house. I don't regret this because I don't think I could climb stairs now if I hadn't forced myself up and down them at least once a day.

That's just a bit of a cautionary tale and I know you're at a different stage of your life to what I was then. I'm sure you'll love your bungalow and I hope the move goes really well. :grin:
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Berty
    I know some of what you are going through, mu OH and i have been thinking of what it would be like when the time comes, so I really do feel for you.
    But on the positive side, things will be so much easier, a friend of ours moved a couple of years ago, and she says its as though they have been there forever.
    Wishing you good luck with it all, hope it all goes smoothly.
    and good luck to DD
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • caterina57
    caterina57 Member Posts: 1,424
    I live in a bungalow and apart from when I was little up to the age of 8 have always lived in a bungalow. I would find it very strange to live in a house. I love my bungalow - though it is not small- 3 bedrooms, dining room large lounge and a big conservatory. The garden is a fair size too so I have what most houses have only there are no stairs!!!
    Cath
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Berty,

late seeing your post, sorry.

Hope it all goes well and fingers crossed you find one you like. He said do you need his help to pack up... soft furnishings are his speciality and after he helps they normally go in a bin bag :lol: Leaving you a (((( )))) and a hope your knee is getting a bit less of a problem.... forgot to ask earlier, sorry. Cris xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Hi berty
    Lovely that you are looking for a bungalow, I think you are doing the right thing. It will be much easier (but strange I expect at first)
    I have a stairlift and my house isn't massive but i would love a bungalow.

Good luck
    hope all goes smoothly.
    Juliepf x
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    I'm from the poorer end of the arthur family , we lived in a rented maisonette on three floors ; then 5 years ago moved to a council flat with wet room shower and fantastic easy use loo ( electric does it all for you ) and it was the best move we ever made . Life is happier and so much easier without the stress of stairs and all the problems they bring . Wish you well with your move , you won't regret it . Jillyb
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hi Berty

I have every intention of downsizing once the kids have left home....this house is tooooo big to keep on top of - in all respects cleaning maintenance decoration etc. Give me more time to spend with my husband too :wink:

Berty - it IS sad - a lot of memories will be there for you, but you will still have the important people with you (dog husband) and you will find somewhere LOVELY l am certain of it.

Love and hugs too :sad:

Toni xx