Thumb again.

Options
magenta
magenta Member Posts: 1,604
edited 29. Mar 2011, 17:23 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hiya,
As some of you may know, I've had xrays done on my hands cos they think I've got OA in my thumbs. My left is the worst but lately the pain has become really bad. I now have pain on the tops of my hand going from my thumb to my first finger. Feels like I've had something hard dropped on it. It now feels like thumb is going stiff and losing sensation. Anyone else get this?
Cheers,
Magenta x

Comments

• caterina57
    caterina57 Member Posts: 1,424
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Magenta
    Yes I have problems with my thumbs, hands and wrists both of my thumbs have now got some bone growth on the joint and I have problems with the tips of my fingers and terrible pins and needles and numbness
    Cath
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi magenta

I don't have your problem of numbness but my hands and wrists are very deformed and do ache alot.

juliepf x
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Morning , Magenta , I have RA and my hands are very misshapen and painful the whole time . I know it's easy to say and I rarely practise what I preach ; but sometimes you need to tell yourself - this is the way it's going to be so may as well accept it and adapt accordingly . Having said that , hope your pain eases and settles down . Jillyb
  • border
    border Member Posts: 94
    Options
    I do sympathise. I am right handed, and my wrist fingers and thumb really hurt. I do have a splint and put that on for a bit which relieves the pain and I do my hand exercises frequentluy during the day. When I wake, my hands are stiff and curled up, so have to spend a few minutes getting them to work. I find warm water can help, but exercise and support seems to work ok
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    Hi Magenta

I bought myself a thumb splint which helped a bit when mine was doing this (it isn't now :shock: )

would that help you at all?

Love and sympathy

toni xx
  • magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    Options
    Hi all,
    Thanks for replying to me. My hands are knackered I think. P****d off! Now my elbows are joining in-all swollen. Don't think playing my kids DS helps :grin: I've had probs for years, mainly the fingers and I've always managed to get by but this episode of pain is really getting to me.
    Toni, I had thumb splints years ago but lost them :oops: I'm waiting for a physio appt. soon to get new splints fitted only I can't wear them in my work. Suppose using them at home only will give me some relief.
    Thanks,
    Eileen x