Little old arthur saying hello

Options
PamieAFC1903
PamieAFC1903 Member Posts: 899
edited 29. Mar 2011, 17:17 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well, my little sidekick is up and running and keeping me awake.

Come to the conclusion I am going to ask my GP next week for crutches for when I know I will be walking alot. I walked nearly all around Aberdeen today with my mum and Granny, them being 53 and 76 was well, more fitter and in less pain than the young 26 year old.

I need to get something done now. Any tips on how to make things go quicker?
I ♥ Runrig.

I live, sleep, eat and breathe Runrig!!!!!.

Comments

• julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    why not use a scooter.

more comfortable and less pain.....and you will go faster

juliepf x
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Hi Pamie

I know how you feel about the much older relatives managing so much better than you.

When I got some sticks I was referred by my rheummy nurse to the physio dept in my hospital and then went along for a try out session. I have to say the relief at first was great. Later I got crutches as I felt 'old' with the sticks, but I only got them when I had a THR. They have let me keep them as I have other hip and ankle damage.
    They will help by taking the weight off your joints. If you have any upper body pain it can cause some discomfort though.
    Hope you an get referred soon. GP might refer you instead.

Elizabetg
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    my mum 75 and runs rings around me as well but do not give in a scooter ok but you loose the exercise you get walking it a matter of balance i think mobility versus pain if you do not use it you loose it muscle wise any way but you do need to be able to get out and about good luck what ever you decide val
    val
  • PamieAFC1903
    PamieAFC1903 Member Posts: 899
    Options
    My mum has advised me to enquire about crutches, I think she is coming with me to my GP.

Having OA with the HMS is bloody hard!. Because there is not alot of info on HMS in Fife I can't be treated fast or even given affective treatment, just got painkillers and away I go.
    I ♥ Runrig.

I live, sleep, eat and breathe Runrig!!!!!.
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Pamie,

crutches could help you for sure and I hope that you can get some for walking out side.

I know what you mean cus I am getting so slow nowadays I couldn't out run a snail half the time. Its not always easy eh?

Hows Aberdeen going now? Cris x