Fainting - is this connected with RA

Options
saggyoldbagpuss
saggyoldbagpuss Member Posts: 55
edited 30. Mar 2011, 07:22 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi All

Hope your all enjoying a painfree day, I'd like some advice is anyone can help?

I currently take MTX (on thursday evenings) and last night whilst preparing dinner I suddenly felt very hot and unwell, I called to my husband asking him to finish off dinner and the next minute I was on the kitchen floor with my husband holding my head telling me to lie still, I felt very breathless not sure if that was the shock I felt soooo weak and light headed. Does this happen with RA (only diagnosed in Oct 10)? I've had anemia in the past but my bloods last week showed no anemia so I'm lost as to what caused this? any advice would be much appreciated.

Take Care
Saggyx

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Fainting can occur for a variety of reasons and as we're not medically trained we can't really comment. Perhaps you should go to see your doctor? I wish you well and I hope it doesn't happen again. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • saggyoldbagpuss
    Options
    So it's not uncommon with RA (phew)

Many thanks dreamdaisy, will contact GP
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Hi Saggy,

In all my many years experience with RA I have never fainted so I think you're very wise contacting your GP.

Were your stays too tight by any chance? :wink:

Let us know how you go on.
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    hi saggy sorry you had this scare hope you have contected the doc just to check it out you can never be to sure with this kind of things good luck val
    val
  • border
    border Member Posts: 94
    Options
    Hi, you definetly need to see your Dr. Fainting can be due to innumberable causes. Best of luck
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    Options
    Hi

I have had RA diagnosed for 13yrs now and I do get the fainting and/ or feeling sick.

Its usually when the pain is bad though, as though my brain cant cope with the pain signals and then shuts off.

I have never reported it to rheumy dept or doctor, just thought it was me.
    Maybe you could ask about it at your next appointment.

I am by the way also on MTX, have been for 11yrs.

Kath
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    Hi saggy

I do think you should get yourself checked out for definite. rather feel silly there than if it happens in public :shock:

Hopefully something and nothing, but best be on the safe side

Love

Toni xx
  • nanasue
    nanasue Member Posts: 465
    Options
    Hi Saggy, I agree with Kath, I've had the same sort of thing, not the fainting but suddenly feeling weak and unable to stand and feeling or being sick, but I have to agree it's when the pain is really bad, especially in my back/ribs. I do think it's our body not being able to cope and the only way I get over it is to sit down take some pain relief and sip water, but if it's really bad I can still feel unwell the next day. If you're worried though you should speak to your GP or rheumy. Good luck,

Sue x
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Saggy,

I also agree best to get it checked out.

I have to say i have pa and like Kath (hi Kath :grin: ) can and do black out when its bad. Bit like a cut off switch for me.

I have told the rumo but he didn't really say but the pain doc wasn't too surprised that i have a built in cut out... Still needs checking out though cus it could be bp or nothing but does need checking out. Cris x
  • saggyoldbagpuss
    Options
    Thankyou all soo much for the advice, I did think "here we go again, what now" I will be contacting my GP I also have a rheumy app next week 7th so will mention there also.

Thank you again such a brilliant site and soo supportive as always.

Take Care
    Saggyxxxxx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi saggy
    Just been reading your post and just want to repeat what the others have said really. Get checked out.
    I wish you well for your appointment on the 7th
    take care
    juliepf x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    Good girl saggy :smile:

Always best to be on the safe side.

Love

toni xx
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hello Saggy

Sorry to hear about your fainting episode! As the others have said, maybe connected to the RA, maybe not but think you are wise to get it checked out properly.

Thinking of you.

Love Tilly xxx