pain index score

psyart
psyart Member Posts: 600
edited 4. Apr 2011, 17:56 in Living with Arthritis archive
hi ~ hope everyone is doing okish ~ hope the sun has made a difference to how people feel :?:

just a quick question ~ does anyone know how they work out pain index scores and symptom severity for fibromyagia and what is the highest in the scores etc :?:

hugs and support for everyone

louise xxx
e050.gifo050.gif

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Louise,

I don't know if it is the same but the pain index used by the pain clinic is 1 to 10. 10 being the worse and 1 being nothing.

The real problem is with chronic pain what do you say? I always take the pass out lot as my 10 but but will put 7 or 8 but usually I just mark 6 regardless......

How you doing and sorry I didn't get o the bellows today... been horrid eh?! Got to get the sheep shed dug out and then turned out so we have to rustle up some warm and dry weather :lol::lol:

Leaving you a ((((( ))))) and a hope your asking cus you are being referred to the pain clinic? I can really recommend doctor W! She is really good and she's you as a whole person. Love ad another ((((( ))))) Cris xxx
  • psyart
    Hi Cris ~ referring to letter from Dr H ~ he measured my pain scores etc and didnt know how it worked :!:

Crap week ~ trouble with OH, got medical on Fri which i am dreading as its so degrading and know they are judging me :cry: And to top it all ~ the only friend who has been with me through out this c@@p has justed turned funny as I didnt reply to her tx quick enough :cry: ~ feel like crying :cry: I have lost nearly all my friends over the last couple years but she was always there ~ but dont know what has happened. She has been going through tough times herself so kept texing her even though she wouldnt reply ~ just to let her know i was here. Really down at moment and that was the last thing i needed.

Really worried about friday aswell ~ have complained about it but have to go ~ am getting worked up already thinking about it. Had hoped my friend would come with me but not now :cry: And there isnt anyone else ~ am feeling like a billy no mates :!: I know people here are bril but sometimes its good to talk to someone you trust and who you have told everything too :!:

weather doesnt help ~ we need to get those bellows working again ~ come on girl push :wink:

Anyway ~ onwards and upwards :wink:

hugs and love ~ louise xx
    e050.gifo050.gif
  • skezier
    Hi Louise,

Oh flower friends have their own issues to and maybe that’s what she is doing? I think your right to keep texting her but hang in there cus it’s possible she is just so down she is unable to answer. I know sometimes it feels like you have been left high and dry but if things are bad for her as well it might just be that?

Know what you mean though the 3d friends are few and far between once you start getting conditions.

Will be with you in the pocket on Friday and hope it will be less bad than you think it will be. It’s all wrong and how it is now a days I am afraid. Have you got anyone that will go with you for real?

Hope you and your oh have got over the row? Its really coming in at you at the mo flower but things will get clearer and better in time. Leaving you a (((((((((( )))))))))) and a hope as well as a courage bucket for Friday. Love Cris who promises to get on the bellows cus this rain rally doesn't help at all does it? xxxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Louise
    Sorry I have just seen your post, Im so sorry you are having a bad time, maybe your friend just wants a break, to sought her stuff out.
    I am sure she will be back for you, I lost a couple of friends when arthur took over, I do understand in a way, they dont want to hang back waiting for me, but I have met new friends in a similar position.
    I do hope that things improve for you very soon, and I will be thinking about you on Friday, has my mum used to say, it will come and go.
    Good Luck
    Love and lots of hugs ((((()))
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Hi Louise

you are having a rough time. :shock:

I wonder if the pain scores are to do with the number of 'sites' affected by the fibro??? There is the DAS score for inflamed joints then the only thing l know about is Cris' score out of 10 for your level of pain, but taht one is subjective isn't it?

We will hop in your pocket if it helps on friday for the medical?? I can bite anyone who upsets/hurts you :wink::lol:

As for your friend - she clearly has her own issues - l holope she will get back to you soon and she and you will amke it up - life's too short.

Love and HUGS

Toni xx
  • psyart
    Hi cris, barbara and toni. thanks for words of support ~ they make sense to me. yes my friend has issues to sort out for herself ~ i have tried to be there for her but she would never reply to my txing :!: She did tx back yesterday and say sorry ~ we are meeting for tea on saturday.

but i have to admit i am really down in the pits at the moment :cry:
    i am frightened about my future ~ my son and daughter in law and granddaughter will be moving out next month and at the moment having them here helps me get up in the mornings ~ i will miss them so much :cry: I know they need thier own space ~ and im sure i will survive with out them but i am really frightened about what i am going to do now.

things are really bad between me and the OH ~ after 27years together i dont know if i love him anymore ~ :cry:

yes the pain scores is to do with the fibro ~ he scored mine 7/8 :cry:

also when i look back over the last few months the only friend who has kept in touch, asked me how im doing etc is the friend who got funny with me ~ the others have moved on and i feel very alone :cry:

my niece always says to me that whenever things are bad I always managed to come out of it or somethings turns up for me ~ but with fighting with arther and fibro I am so tired and just dont want to fight with anyone or anything. I keep telling myself that things will sort themselves out and a new life is there somewhere ~ but the whole thing just frightens me. I have had to give up so much over the past year that I dont want to try anything new and fail. And this is not like me :cry:

thank you for listening to me :!: and for being there in cyber world :!:

i will face tomorrw and then try again to pick myself up, shake myself off and face the world :wink:

hugs to everyone ~ louise xxx :sad:
    e050.gifo050.gif
  • frogmorton
    Louise

HUG for YOU :shock:

Wow! What a time of change. I guess the sensible thing is to try to make a go of it with OH if you can see if you can stimulate the relationship again? Sometimes having family around all the time (even though they sound WONDERFUL too!) means we can neglect our partners and therefore grow apart.

Find anything you have in common ANYTHING and do it together.

So very happy your friend DID regret her harsh response....l hoped she would and was pretty sure she would. The two of you sound to have been through a lot together.

As for your family - you will get up in the mornings to visit them sometimes or even to babysit granddaughter because they will miss YOU and need you so much too.

You are one brave lady who has resources within herself.

Love

Toni xx
  • skezier
    Hi Louise,

Flower this dam bone stuff and its associates are ridiculously capable of bringing us to our metaphoric knees.

You will get through this and all I can say is I's here for you and will be thinking of you. I wish i had some magic words but there aren't any except it will pass Maid and hopefully soon.

When things hurt so much you lose something and a bit of you withdraws and curls up. I just reaching out a hand to that bit and I so hope you will start to feel a lot better in your self soon.

Leaving you a promise it will pass, another promise that i will get on the bellows and another that I will be in your pocket on Friday. ((((( ))))) and a hope bucket. love Cris xxx
  • psyart
    Hi Cris ~ knew you were in my pocket today ~ felt the vibes of support BUT ~ it was the wrong day :oops:
    the appointment was made over the phone so when the letter came I didnt bother checking as I know what the letters say ~ or thought i did. so been so worked up, up 5am this morning, not able to eat anything all day, smoking too much ~ got down there and the receptionist said no one here today ~ the doctor had changed the appointments couple weeks ago ~ so looked at letter and there in big letters it says ~ Monday 5th April :oops: :oops:

I dont expect you to be there on monday for me as I know you will be in B ~ but I will be there for you :!:

hope your weekend is not too stressfull ~ take care # loads love and support

Louise xxxx
    e050.gifo050.gif
  • skezier
    7Hi Loise,

Flower I am late telling you but will be with you in the pocket tomorrow and so hope it will go well./

try and stay calm and just keep telling them how its effecting you and hopefully they will leave you as you have been for a lot longer. I don't know much about it only that its unfair.

I hope things are a bit easier for you today?

been thinking ( never a good thing) I just saying that when your down things don't gel right. Sometimes you feel your feeling one thing but its not always true. Don't make any rash decisions for a min maid.

Its not easy to keep perspective if your feeling shift and under pressure.

I will be in that pocket with you today and fingers crossed it all goes a lot better than you fear.

hang in there maid and ok so he gave you 7/8 pain score... whats he given you to help? I see him Wednesday and well at least he is kind eh?

Leaving you a (((((((((( ))))))))))) and a hope today will be ok and you will start to feel better once its all over. Love and a cuppa Cris xxx
  • frogmorton
    Louise

I am with you too (what a busy and manic day) sorry l have Daisycat and a child off sick with me too!

Hope all is well

Love

Toni xx
  • lavenderlady
    lavenderlady Member Posts: 409
    hi Louie hope things go alright tomorrow, we dont need any extra pressure the pain is enough to send anyone doolally at times, I saw my DR last week and told him I COULD NOT COPE WITH THE PAIN HE HAS DOUBLED MY DOSE OF GABAPENTINE TO 6 A DAY AND DEHYDROCODEIN HAS ALSO BEEN DOUBLED, IF THIS DOES NOT WORK WITHING 3 MONTHS GOT TO STAY ON MORPHINE FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE oops fiingers slipped,
    as for friends I have found my inlaws and some family members get fed up hearing about my pain, only wish they could suffer it for one day to see how they cope,
    I've been married for 32 years in July he's having problems adjusting to my gradual loss of being "me" as he calls it , but they married us and uttered the important words in sickness and health blah blah, lol,
    today I found trying to start my seeds off was harder then last year my fingers have lost strength and are aching again I'm reminded of what OA can do to us , good luck hunni, michelle x
  • psyart
    thank you for you kind words but Cris ~ you have had a real bad day so hope you have rested up :!:

medical was not so humiliating as last time ~ but i did cry this time :cry:

she said that as far as she is concerned i should stay on ESA for a while ~ she said it will take her a while to write up my report as there is so much going on ~ BUT ~ did she say that just to make me feel better :?: :?: they dont make the decisions ~ she said ~ but we will see what happens when the letter comes in ~ anyone know how long it takes :?:

Cris ~ DrH has put me on pregabaline :?: ~ i have never been offered pain managment but he did say to see the OT for the fibro BUT the waiting list is 25/26 weeks long :!:

Michelle ~ i was on Gabapentine ~ was on 6 a day ~ but wasnt doing anything so has been changed. Good luck though and yes families are so hard to deal with when they have no idea what we go through every day. hugs to you.

Toni ~ hope things are better in your house today :?: Sickness in a child is so hard. Take care and hugs for you ~ thank you for always being there for me ~ alwasy see your name.

hugs to you all ~ louise xxxx
    e050.gifo050.gif
  • skezier
    Hi Louise,

Glad it wasn't as bad as you thought it could be and so hope they will take on bored what she did say and I don't know that she would have said that just to make you feel better.

So hope it will be left as it is for now i really do.

hey the BTC is actually quite nice and so much calmer than T! Mind so is Chiverton roundabout in rush hour now a days eh?!

Sorry flower long day and will keep an eye out for you tomorrow and eat some non teasy flakes tween now and then :lol: Love and a ((((( ))))) cris xxx