Best Wishes to elnafinn

Options

Comments

• tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Very best of luck for today Elna. Hope you are soon back home with those grapes and cushions so kindly provided by dear Iris.

E x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • cherrybim
    cherrybim Member Posts: 334
    Options
    Wishing you the very best of everything Elna.

I went to the Orthopaedic hospital yesterday to get checked out and signed off after my second "Scarf Akins with lateral revision. All was fine and my friend who had been there together with me had her "toe pins" taken out and she's also as happy as larry.

Three weeks before another friend had six toe pins taken out and she too is delighted with the outcome.

Possibly is the best thing is that the surgeon's advice (unlike TKRS or THRS) is to rest with your feet up at all times, lol, well at least for 6 weeks!

Enjoy that luxury, I did but I'm now shuffling about with the best of 'em :grin: Next week I might try a pair of shoes ! One on either side, lol

Cherry x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,419
    Options
    Hi Elna

thinking of you today and hoping all is going well.

You are a brilliant role model for us lot on here, getting on with an dealing with life with your arthritis, but still offering support to us lot.

HUGE hugs going your way and am 100% in your pocket

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I wonder if you have been done, are being done or are still waiting to be done? I hope that things are OK, irrespective of which stage of done-ness you currently inhabit! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Elna
    I do hope it is all overwith for you, and you are having a nice cup of tea, I think that first cuppa is so good after having to fast.
    Love and hugs ((((())))
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Elna, hope you were on the morning list and are able to come home today. Rest up and hope the pain meds are keeping the pain at bay.

SPeedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • bobbyger
    bobbyger Member Posts: 155
    Options
    Hi Elna,

Just popping in to wish you well, hope everything went okay today and you are now sitting up and getting fussed over. Take it easy and make sure your recovery has the best possible chance.

Rob
  • rugbygirl
    rugbygirl Member Posts: 691
    Options
    Just catching up with everything. Hope all goes well for you today and that things are sorted for you soon.

Take care
    Jakib0644.gif
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Elna,

Hope your home all done and safe by now. I also hope it went well and flower I know feet ops hurt for a bit but in 4-6 weeks you wont know your self. Leaving you a (((( )))) and love Cris xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Morning elna, I hope all is well with you. DD
  • barbara12
    Options
    morning Elna
    I do hope you are not in to much pain ( you wouldn't tell us if you were) hopefully you manage some sleep, and like Cris said in a few weeks, you wont know yourself.
    Lots of love and hugs (((((())))
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • tkachev
    Options
    I haven't heard from her on fb so my feeling is her operation was late enough for her to be kept in overnight. I imagine she will be in some discomfort and no weight bearing.

Got my lappy on as waiting for news of another friend in surgery.

E x

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • barbara12
    Options
    tkachev wrote:
    I haven't heard from her on fb so my feeling is her operation was late enough for her to be kept in overnight. I imagine she will be in some discomfort and no weight bearing.

E x
    Thankyou Elizebeth,
    We do worry about one another...I do hope your friend makes a good recovery
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Hi Elna

I am still thinking of you and wishing you are having a swift recovery as opainless as possible. l KNOW you acn do it.

Lots of love

Toni xx
  • tkachev
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    tkachev wrote:

E x
    Thankyou Elizebeth,
    We do worry about one another...I do hope your friend makes a good recovery
    Barbara x

Thankyou Barbara. They are still in op after many hours( about 10 so far). Waiting and waiting......

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Elna

Hope you are not in too much discomfort and that they have the pain under control for you. I have been thinking of you and hope you have a good recovery. (((( ))))
    love
    Chris
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hello all you lovely peeps and thank you once again for
    your best wishes. I got home about 11.30 am this morning. I was "done" at 2.00 pm and got back to the ward about 5.00 pm and it was suggested that I stay overnight and I am pleased that I did. I did not get out of bed until 9.00 am this morning when the physio came to see me. I have got my fancy "boot" (oh joy!) :roll: and must use crutches and keep my knee straight when lifting the foot up to put it down again. I have one wire sticking out the second toe but not the third. The consultant said he did five ops on my toes. The big toe was a breeze but the other two more complicated. I must leave the thick bandaging on and keep it dry for two weeks when I see the consultant again. I have been in bed most of the afternoon, on the phone and dozing. Am on coco's for pain relief which I do need. So no riding my bicycle, hoovering, mowing the lawn etc for a while yet! :lol:

It is so good to be back home and able to call in here again. I think I better be a good girl and go and elevate my foot, like I am meant to be doing. I have been thinking about you all and wanted to let you know that I am back!!

Love and hugs
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    It's lovely to hear from you - thank you so much for calling in, we have been thinking of you! Take care, rest well and I hope the cocos do the job. DD
  • barbara12
    Options
    Elna it is lovely to have you back, I know its not been long but we were worried.
    Pins sticking out of your toes :eek: only you can describe it so...well you know...
    I do hope the pain gets less everyday, and that you are soon back on your feet.
    Wishing you a speedy recovery
    Love and more hugs (((((())))
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • tkachev
    Options
    Welcome back Elna. Pleased all is well so far. Just the recovery to deal with now.

Best wishes
    Elizabeth x

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    Options
    Hi Elna
    Welcome back.
    Glad to hear its all 'done' now and you are back home.

I do remember the wire and boot when I had my toes done way back all those years ago
    and when the wire comes out, the surprise of just how long it was.
    Hope its all gone well for you.

You take it easy now, do as you are told :lol:
    Your lovely Lola will be wanting to take care of Granny
    wont she.
    Lots of Love
    Kath x
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Oh Elna!!!

WONDERFUL yo see you back posting...we have missed you and l am so glad all has g]one well so far, nowl wish you a speedy recovery.

Yes....no bikes or hoovering and definietly no ballet :lol:

Lots of love

Toni xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Elna,

Oh the wires.... when they fused my toes the wire stuck out a good inch and though they kindly put corks on them I continually caught them on things and hell does it hurt!

Hope your more sensible :wink:

You honestly wont know yourself in 6 weeks (I don't know if the wires are coming out in 6 weeks for you as mine did) and to have less pain in your feet will help all of the rest of you.

Hey hurry up and get better...... there might be a bit of ironing waiting for you :lol: Love and a ((( ))) Cris xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Morning elna, I hope all is well with you today. DD
  • frogmorton
    Options
    skezier wrote:
    Hi Elna,

Hey hurry up and get better...... there might be a bit of ironing waiting for you :lol: Love and a ((( ))) Cris xx

MIGHT???? did you say MIGHT there Cris?

There's a HUGE pile here...might have to do it myself :shock: