Where to begin

2»

Comments

• Ouch
    Ouch Member Posts: 36
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Doing well today, Toni. Been very busy. My order of sterling wire arrived this morning so have made a pair of earrings and a pendant. A friend sent me some azurite chrysocolla beads and I adore them. I read that, when combined with copper, they help with arthritis. I am now wearing a pair of copper and chyrsocolla!

M
    x
    frogmorton wrote:
    Hi Martha

Just checking in..... to see how you are today?

Good news about the commisions! well done you...you must be good at it and yes HANDS BEHAVE!!!!

Love

Toni xx
    Happiness is being a grandmother!
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Hi Ouch and welcome.

Thank goodness your new GP listened. If the pain meds don't help then go back to the doc - it can take awhile to get the pain meds right and we also respond differently to them. Do you take anti-inflammatories too - they are good help in the battle to keep mobile and help with pain and swelling too.

Re DLA - lots of people get the CAB to help them. If you fill it in on your own, fill it in describing you on your worst day and take a photocopy of it before sending it off.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Hello Martha (Ouch - love the username!)

Belatedly just wanted to say "hello" and welcome from me too! (Late for everything me :grin: ). Glad you have found us (but sorry you have needed to!).

Thinking of you.

Love Tilly xxx
  • Ouch
    I can't take anti-inflammatories because they upset my stomach really badly (I have IBS). But I will talk to the GP about upping the co-codamol. It is not giving me the relief I need at night.

But I soldier on! Thanks for saying hello, Speedy!
    speedalong wrote:
    Hi Ouch and welcome.

Thank goodness your new GP listened. If the pain meds don't help then go back to the doc - it can take awhile to get the pain meds right and we also respond differently to them. Do you take anti-inflammatories too - they are good help in the battle to keep mobile and help with pain and swelling too.

Re DLA - lots of people get the CAB to help them. If you fill it in on your own, fill it in describing you on your worst day and take a photocopy of it before sending it off.

Speedy
  • Ouch
    Hello back atcha, Tilly!

Glad to be here, even if it is because I hurt so much. But nice to be among such friendly people!

M
    x
    tillytop wrote:
    Hello Martha (Ouch - love the username!)

Belatedly just wanted to say "hello" and welcome from me too! (Late for everything me :grin: ). Glad you have found us (but sorry you have needed to!).

Thinking of you.

Love Tilly xxx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Martha,

just thinking and that unusual at the best of times .....

I have IBD and so have trouble with certain meds. hey have balanced it over time (or they might have i have yet to find out what kind of damage I might have :wink: ) with stomach tablets.

I know IBS is different but you might find some f the cox 2 and something like buscopan and lansoprazole could mean you could take them?

I also know some come as suppositories... though for me... I think I would rather swell up and have the pain there..... I have hang ups :lol:

Also there are patches and they bi-pass your digestion all together.

Its late and I am not thinking straight but I just wondered if any of that could be helpful. Cris x

Wildfire if you look in just leaving you a ((( ))) and a hope you are a bit better today? Cris x
  • Ouch
    Thanks for the information. When I see my GP, I will run these by her. The pain was really severe last night and this morning. Can't even find a comfortable position in bed anymore.

To make matters worse, my husband heard today that he is not eligible for ESA. We are appealing (and I have to credit this forum for containing so much valuable information). My husband has CFS/fibro and bipolar. As I've said before, we're quite the pair. He was on Incapacity Benefit before and had been since 2007. It's just all so crazy...

M
    x
    skezier wrote:
    Hi Martha,

just thinking and that unusual at the best of times .....

I have IBD and so have trouble with certain meds. hey have balanced it over time (or they might have i have yet to find out what kind of damage I might have :wink: ) with stomach tablets.

I know IBS is different but you might find some f the cox 2 and something like buscopan and lansoprazole could mean you could take them?

I also know some come as suppositories... though for me... I think I would rather swell up and have the pain there..... I have hang ups :lol:

Also there are patches and they bi-pass your digestion all together.

Its late and I am not thinking straight but I just wondered if any of that could be helpful. Cris x

Wildfire if you look in just leaving you a ((( ))) and a hope you are a bit better today? Cris x
  • lizbet
    lizbet Member Posts: 5
    Hiya Martha, just wanted to say welcome to the site from another newbie. I joined yesterday and everyone on here seems lovely and friendly. So sorry to hear you,re suffring so much, I know what it feels like.
    Just about replacements, my brother had his first hip replacement at 41 and had the other one done a few years later. Stick at it and dont give up.
    Take care. xxx
  • Ouch
    Hi Lizbet!

Thanks for the hello and hello back. I have already gained such valuable information here. Strange, the whole diagnosis is still a bit of a blur to me. I knew I was in a lot of pain, but thought it had to be something else! But here I am and here you are, and we are all going to be better for having people to share it with!

Don't worry...I won't give it. I never do when I know I'm right! :grin:

Martha
    xx

lizbet wrote:
    Hiya Martha, just wanted to say welcome to the site from another newbie. I joined yesterday and everyone on here seems lovely and friendly. So sorry to hear you,re suffring so much, I know what it feels like.
    Just about replacements, my brother had his first hip replacement at 41 and had the other one done a few years later. Stick at it and dont give up.
    Take care. xxx