router problems and son with specail needs

Options
only49
only49 Member Posts: 1,207
edited 15. Apr 2011, 12:06 in Community Chit-chat archive
afternoon all,

i hope you are all well,

last night when son came home from school i had to do the best to try and explain that the router connected to his computer is not working very well, and D in his typical way didnt seem to understand, so i though oh well he soon find out come bath time.

how he sees it he can get online with his computer and thats all that he was bothered about, anyway i showed him the computer upstairs and then the penny dropped so to speak, anyway just as well i am prepaired and had a spare one for emergancies, i plugged it in and make sure he had switched the other one off, and bingo he was happy.

to anyone that knows anything about kids with a learning disability will know that when these things happen, they cant see past there own noses sometimes, and at times it can be extreamly hard work, so while i could conect to the internet i found a place that that sells the excate same one and hopefully it will be here tomorrow.

biggest problem with him is he dont understand and above all dont like change, so thankfully i know him and what he like and in another life i must of been a boy/girl scout, i am prepaired, thank goodness for school today because it means i can recharge my batteries.
sylvia :)stern02.gif

Comments

• tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Sylvia,

It is a nightmare here if the laptop breaks. Son gets aggitated and constantly asks when it will be fixed. They don't have a lot of patience do they?

Hope you had a nice, restful day today.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Sylvia
    Phew...good job you are prepared.....you relax tomorrow till he comes home, and then hopefully the router will be in place....you really are a lovely mum.
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • only49
    Options
    thanks elizabeth and barbara you are both not bad yourself either, good job i am prepaired as you said, just checked on website its out in the van for delivery so i expecting a knock on the door at any moment.

i hope you are both well, i know elizabeth is not feeling at her best at the mo but i hope you feel better soon elizabeth
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Hi Sylvia,

Thanks my darling. Life is tough and I am left to deal with it all. Luckily i have a few special peeps to chat to.....
    Keep tracking that van,
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • only49
    Options
    arrive yesterday before the 1pm deadline, just had to put in my user name and password, and bingo up and running now.

after wards i thought about it all and thought that was easy, maybe D right stick with what you know best.
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    Oh Yes, do I know that problem. My youngest girl destroys things if they don't do what she wants.

Karen xx
    Karen xx