Napalm death!

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 17. Apr 2011, 16:02 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi all well you all know me Chilli's and other plants were having problems well I cracked it, it was mould flie eggs in the compost I bought that's why so many of em were in the kitchen with me seedling!, what I have done or do now is actually cook any of this soil I use for seedlings in the oven and that does it, what gets me is this compost costs good money and is infected when you buy it somone is making a quick buck and causing a lot of problems for people like me the gits!.

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    at the price they charge you do think they would treat it first glad you got it sorted now val
    val
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
    Options
    Oh my Goodness Mell!!!

What make was it because me and Tillytop been having trouble with mould on a make beginning with W

Love

Toni xx
  • mellman01
    Options
    Hi Val and Toni yep you would have thought so but this stuff has other odd and ****'s in it ie plastic etc not much just the odd bit, I have sticky traps in my kitchen and they are covered in little black flies now once I cooked the soil before I used it I have seen none of them, oh the compost is J Author Bower's I wont be getting any of that again!.
  • mellman01
    Options
    Del you may never have had a compost problem but hoy is your PC is infested to hell, lickle things walking about spiders and the like time you sorted it out!.
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Our council does its own, just collect it. A friend calls them fruit flies, don't know what they are though. I hate to think of what it's doing to your oven, couldn't you put some sort of metal grate over a bonfire?