Acai Berry Tablets

Options
elainebadknee
elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
edited 20. Apr 2011, 09:07 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi

Does anyone know what these tablets do, i know they aid weight loss but if its the same as the one in the supermarkets where people have said it would be preferable to wear brown trousers, lol.......Then i aint interested!
Can anyone advise, it says its a lipo.....?

Elainex

Comments

• constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I've been looking at those, I saw an advert on face book, and was wondering the same,if you find out let me know and I will do vise versa. It does look to good to be true though doesn't it. My OH reckons drinking japanese green tea would do much the same, well we shall see.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Options
    Hi Elaine, I think they are in the group of "super foods" like cherry juice, blueberries, vitamin C etc. From what I can glean, lots of antioxidants, that mop up all the nasty free radicals that bombard our bodies each day. We used to have them, they are quite nice to chew a little anniseed like in flavour, not at all nasty.
    Holland and Barret sell the extract for a lot less than you pay for the berries themselves, just out of interest. http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=1625&prodid=915&cid=136&sid=0&afid=70&safid=AG&scid=14581&cm_mmc=Aggregates-_-Comparisons-_-GoogleProducts-_-HBMVPCGP&of_tid=_ZP4NV7mNrJYszGp8PH7KlfSB6KmTLkCm2f0GN6Ztr8t5jLVjHoTzimCgn-Pd_wt

A long link, hope it works. Basically, anything that is bright in colour, is good for you, says me, about to have a cigarette. :roll: :roll: :roll: :oops:
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Well can get on ebay..
    Hi Elaine ,Curious so looked them up ,goodness they are expensive though would be good if someone could recomend or not before forking out that much good luck Tinkerbelle.
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Karen

Ive only just seen them, needing a little boost in weight loss but dont want to be you know through eye of a needle, baboon features!!!!

elainex
    constable wrote:
    I've been looking at those, I saw an advert on face book, and was wondering the same,if you find out let me know and I will do vise versa. It does look to good to be true though doesn't it. My OH reckons drinking japanese green tea would do much the same, well we shall see.

Karen xx
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Bubbles

Well i eat blueberries, have cherry jiuce every day but i reckn they mean ton loads of them to make it work huh?
    Um i wont Holland & barrett thanks, every time they say they have something on offer, its never there on the shelf and something similar but about 3 times the price is there...I think they are totally overpriced and dont compete at all in times of economic troubles......Rant!

So anything bright in colour, can I have me jelly snakes?????

hmmm

elainex
    bubbles wrote:
    Hi Elaine, I think they are in the group of "super foods" like cherry juice, blueberries, vitamin C etc. From what I can glean, lots of antioxidants, that mop up all the nasty free radicals that bombard our bodies each day. We used to have them, they are quite nice to chew a little anniseed like in flavour, not at all nasty.
    Holland and Barret sell the extract for a lot less than you pay for the berries themselves, just out of interest. http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=1625&prodid=915&cid=136&sid=0&afid=70&safid=AG&scid=14581&cm_mmc=Aggregates-_-Comparisons-_-GoogleProducts-_-HBMVPCGP&of_tid=_ZP4NV7mNrJYszGp8PH7KlfSB6KmTLkCm2f0GN6Ztr8t5jLVjHoTzimCgn-Pd_wt

A long link, hope it works. Basically, anything that is bright in colour, is good for you, says me, about to have a cigarette. :roll: :roll: :roll: :oops:
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    Acia berries won't help weight loss without diet and exercise anyway.

Compared to acia berries: Pomegranate juice, red wine, grape juice, and blueberry juice were all found to have higher antioxidant potency, better ability to block oxidation of LDL cholesterol, and had more overall polyphenol content.

Acai fell in the lower half of the pack and was found comparable to cranberry juice and black cherry juice.

When it comes to actual health claims, acai falls even farther. While there are a handful of cell studies and even fewer animal studies, we couldn’t find any viable human studies....

All the infomercials, online ads, and multi-level marketers took a good food source of antioxidants and tried to make it a cure-all. Unfortunately, the science simply doesn’t support the hype.
    http://naturalhealthsherpa.com/acai-berry-super-food-or-super-scam/52715

All it takes is a little in-depth research.
    Josephm0310.gif
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Options
    oh yes, jelly snakes are fine, as are smarties, m and m's, cadbury mini eggs etc.
    I don't usually go to H and Barrett, but I did a while back and the offers were all there, so I stocked up on T Tree shampoo and things. I prefer our local little health store on our hight street, keeps them supported with trade, rather than lining the pockets of the big chains. Anyway, where was I? No idea.
    The berries were quite cheap at Tesco, but that was a while ago.

We drink cherry juice every day too and love blueberries, (with cornish ice cream). More shame on me.
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Perhaps of you had read my posts you would see that I am dieting and exercising....
    All it takes is a little tact and less haste with typing an answer which really isnt helpful.....

Acia berries won't help weight loss without diet and exercise anyway.

Compared to acia berries: Pomegranate juice, red wine, grape juice, and blueberry juice were all found to have higher antioxidant potency, better ability to block oxidation of LDL cholesterol, and had more overall polyphenol content.

Acai fell in the lower half of the pack and was found comparable to cranberry juice and black cherry juice.

When it comes to actual health claims, acai falls even farther. While there are a handful of cell studies and even fewer animal studies, we couldn’t find any viable human studies....

All the infomercials, online ads, and multi-level marketers took a good food source of antioxidants and tried to make it a cure-all. Unfortunately, the science simply doesn’t support the hype.
    http://naturalhealthsherpa.com/acai-berry-super-food-or-super-scam/52715

All it takes is a little in-depth research.
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Bubbles

See Im not eating bad things, i have my toast in morning but otherwise its salads, fruit and yogurt, veg.....I am however confined to my exercise cos of pain. So im still taking in more calories than I burn off which I wish I could do more of but cannot....
    Blueberries are lush, off to aldi to get some, love mango, grapes too...Saw a dragon fruit on a tv programme last week and wondered what they are like....

Elainex
    bubbles wrote:
    oh yes, jelly snakes are fine, as are smarties, m and m's, cadbury mini eggs etc.
    I don't usually go to H and Barrett, but I did a while back and the offers were all there, so I stocked up on T Tree shampoo and things. I prefer our local little health store on our hight street, keeps them supported with trade, rather than lining the pockets of the big chains. Anyway, where was I? No idea.
    The berries were quite cheap at Tesco, but that was a while ago.

We drink cherry juice every day too and love blueberries, (with cornish ice cream). More shame on me.
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Tink

Im not bothered at all but think people should think carefully before commenting on here...Also the minute someone cuts and pastes quotations from websites etc....ZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Elainex
    :smile::smile: Hi Elaine oh bugg... dont worry about Joseph he just has his anilitical s/p :lol::lol::lol: cant even spell the bloomin word look on line google it ............err no no no ........its just not same as as having a some one you trust people in the same position struggleling with A RTHUR and related probs telling it first hand how they found Acai tablets ..........MEN GRRRR X Tinkerbelle.