not good pre-op assessment

Options
constable
constable Member Posts: 2,115
edited 21. Apr 2011, 05:57 in Living with Arthritis archive
Sorry, I am having another winge.

I Had my pre-op assessment today, my oxygen levels (sats) were very poor, because I smoke, and then they have found blood and protein in my specimen. I now have to go to my doctors to find out what it is, and depending on the outcome they say I might not be able to have the op.

At the moment I just want to cry, You probably think I'm being silly but I get home and everyone is argueing and just really fed up with everything.

Sorry, I know that a lot of you are much worse off than me. Just needed to get it of my chest.

Karen xx
Karen xx

Comments

• jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Think you are very justified in having " a moan " and probably a good cry too . No wonder you're feeling upset ; make everyone at home sit down and listen to you and maybe talk it all out . Hope you are able to get more answers from the doctor soon . Jillyb
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hello Karen

I am so sorry your appt didn't go well. Please don't ever feel you have to apologise on here. We are here to listen and support you as best we can.

Hopefully when you go to your GP with another sample it will be clear. If you can, try not to worry about "what if" you can't have the op but try instead to focus on the next step - ie going to your GP to see what's what. (Easier said than done I know).

Thinking of you.

Love Tilly xxx
  • constable
    Options
    Thanks Jilly and Tilly,

My Husband can't understand why they could not check this out while I was there, but lets be honest hospital's nowaday's would rather palm it off to your own g.p.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Karen
    Now listen to me, you winge all you want...we are all here to support one another....and it will do you good to get it of your chest.
    Its not surprising that you feel down, its bad enough being nervous about the op, and then this.
    Like the others have said, see your GP...these proteins in your water, can be a one off, so he will do the test again....
    good luck
    And let us know how you get on
    Love
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Oh Karen, I'm sorry it was a bad one. Please don't apologise. You're not silly at all. We all understand this journey is a rollercoaster and you are perfectly entitled to vent....it's not a whinge, it's a vent, 2 totally different things! ;)

Sending love to you x
  • caterina57
    caterina57 Member Posts: 1,424
    Options
    Oh Karen
    So sorry you have had this set back, hopefully though the next tests will be clear - did you get the tabs to help stop smoking - mind I am not sure that trying to stop in a stressful period like this is a good idea - I understand how difficult it is cos I am a smoker too and have unsuccessfully tried to stop. Hope it goes ok though and that you can have the op - remember we are here for you
    Cath
  • madwestie
    madwestie Member Posts: 383
    Options
    Karen this is the best place to get it off your chest so whinge away.
    i hope the gp find everything back to normal and that you op goes ahead as planned.

Tracey
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Dont ever apologise for moaning.......we are here to listen and help if we can and then when we need to moan hopefully you will be there LOL :lol:
    It sounds quite normal.......pre ops are bad enough but to be told it might be cancelled must be awful......when I had my pre op my BP was up and she said go to your practice nurse....we need to get that down before we do the op. It came down OK.....so just think about your GP.....no further ahead
    than that at the minute
    Love
    Hileena
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, I do feel so sorry for you. You get all worked up and then find that their may be a hitch. Blood and protien can mean you have a Urine infection, which you GP can treat, but sometimes they go on there own, I get them sometimes, particularlly if I'm stressed! I drink a small glass of Cranberry juice every morning and have done for about a year and it does help. Meanwhile drink as much as you can and flush it through the system!!! :eek: Good luck, love Suexx
  • constable
    Options
    Hi Sue

Apart from my morning cup of tea, all I drink is water. Going to get an appointment tomorrow with doctor, as you said it is probably a urine infection. Thanks

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi karen

Sorry to hear that you have been knocked back a couple of paces and now have to have more tests.
    I hope you get the appointment with your gp tthis morning ,and that you get the results back qiuckly so that the op can go ahead.

Thinking of you
    Take care
    Juliepf x
  • Dottydoodah
    Dottydoodah Member Posts: 169
    Options
    You moan and whinge all you want Karen. Its good for you.
    Arent families a pain in the bum sometimes? Mine can be anyway. I guess because i am the oldest one in our family now, they forget i sometimes need a shoulder. Never mind i got a good man. Maybe you should get the family together and just tell them how you are feeling and ask for a bit of support. I know we are not very good at doing that and i am the worlds worst, but if people dont know what we need they cant give it to us.

Big hugs
    Nicki