please can

Options
valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 22. Apr 2011, 14:38 in Community Chit-chat archive
please can i borrow some positive thoughts for tue my dad going in for tripple heart by pass and i must admit to you lot i am scared stiff but know with all the positive thoughts from you will give me strenth and help things turn out positively hope you do not mind me asking and might not get in much but will be thinking of you all val
val

Comments

• caterina57
    caterina57 Member Posts: 1,424
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    will be there with you Val I can understand you being scared but this is becoming a routine op now Your dad will be fine I am sure
    Cath
  • coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    Options
    sending possative thoughts and best wishes by the bucket full xxxxx
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Val

Both my best friend and my daughter's father-in-law had a triple bypass operation many years ago, and they are both now in their late 80s and enjoying life to the full. At the time of their operations, they were both very weak and ill, so it gave them a completely new lease of life. My friend walked all round Stratford-on-Avon with me yesterday, and I had a job to keep up with her, even though she is over twenty years older than me.

It is a worrying time for you and your family, but I'm sure that the operation will be a success, and your Dad will benefit so much from it. I will be thinking of you, and sending positive thoughts and my best wishes.

Love Joan xx
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Val i send a bucket of positive thoughts for you, I am sure your dad will be absolutely fine and I wish him a speedy recovery.

Love juliepf x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Val
    I will be thinking about you and your mum and dad, like the others have said this op has become routine, but that doesn't stop you worrying.
    Sending your dad my very best vibes....
    Love and lots of hugs for you all (((((())))
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    All my best wishes my dear... I am sure that he will be ok..

XX :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Hi Val everything will be fine. My dad was offered one but it was still in its infancy in those days so he was trying to decide what to do when sadly he died of another heart attack aged 65. I so wish he had made the decision in time as I'm sure we would have lived a lot longer and with a better quality of life. Of course all ops are unpleasant but it will be for the best i'm sure.He will be a new man.
    Lots of hugs Val ((( ))) Elizabeth.
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    Hi Val,

Your being scared is perfectly understandable, it's your dad. I'm sending you loads of positive thoughts, and your dad will be fine. My uncle had a massive bypass done in the earlier days , i'm going back 40 odd years ago and he lived on for many a happy year.
    So also sending you and you mum and dad big hugs with even more positive thoughts.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Count me in, valval, I am sure all will be fine and your dad will be up and about and back to his old self much sooner than you might think. I wish him the very best, here's to a new lease of life, yes? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,941
    Options
    Hi Val.
    i will be thinking about you and your mum and dad
    on tuesday.
    your dad will be able to enjoy life more
    you all take care and i will be there.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Hi Val,

Someone very close to me had the same operation last year and he's back at work now albeit part-time. It is a big operation and you're bound to be worried so I'm sending positive thoughts for your Pa.
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    thankyou all passed his pre op today so it all go for going in on monday it hard to see some one who has always been fit and strong so affected but feel he will get new lease of life after it made me feel so much more confident reading what you had all wrote thankyou so much
    val
    val
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Options
    Dear Val,
    Our thoughts are with you and your dad.
    with best wishes from all the forum team.
    Moderator AN
  • jilly
    jilly Member Posts: 503
    Options
    Hi Val , My thoughts and good wishes are with you both for monday , it is horrible when its someone close to you having such a big op , try to think postive he will be so much better after he gets over it ........jillyx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Oh Val I am sorry I am late but sending thoughts and hopes (((( )))) Cris xx