Just my luck!

Options
katekelly
katekelly Member Posts: 975
edited 21. Apr 2011, 11:19 in Community Chit-chat archive
A few years ago my Aunt and Uncle retired to Hunstanton and as with all family moves you always say we'll come visit but never find the time. Well last weekend I saw the weather forecast and the outlook was good. Now because of school holidays etc I'd booked this week off to look after Sarah and I thought lets go to Hunstanton. A quick phone call later and Sarah and I were going there on Monday coming home Tuesday.

Well I had forgot just how much I loved being with my Aunt and Uncle and it didn't take much for them to persuade me to stay an extra night. So Tuesday evening my Uncle spent ages trying to get me to stop another night but because I had a hospital appointment today (thursday) I said I had to get home etc. etc.

So yesterday we came home. As soon as we pulled up outside our house Sarah started crying because she didn't want to come home and was already missing our Aunt and Uncle. I calmed her down and left her with her big sister whilst I went and got prescriptions from my GP.

I went to a local large supermarket who have a dispensary and waited whilst the script was made up. My phone rang and it was uber-cool Ellie saying the hospital has been ringing me and would I ring them back which I did. Now in this area we have a clinic for Anti- TNF and see the consultant at a different time. So seeing as my appointment with the consultant was in May would I be prepared to reschedule my appointment at the clinic asks the Nurse. When asked when were they thinking they said.... September!! Well obviously my bloods were ok else they wouldn't have asked me to change my date but what really upset me was the fact I could have still been in Sunny Hunny with my Aunt and Uncle!!!

I suppose one good thing about coming home is at least I haven't got to contend with my Aunt feeding me - I put on 1 and3/4 pounds in two days - back on the diet today!!! xx

Comments

• tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    What a shame Kate. Did they not have a mobile number to contact you sooner?
    I have been visiting relatives too and i wanted to stay longer. My brothers and sisters really look after me which is a nice change. So I want to go back next week and if the kids didn't have those 3 days of school pre-wedding I definately would go.

At least you had a lovely time. Start planning for the next visit.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Kate

I have many happy memories of holidays spent at Hunstanton and the North Norfolk coast, so I can understand your reluctance to leave, especially as your Aunt and Uncle were looking after you so well. What a pity that you couldn't stay longer, but I'm sure there will be other times. It's so annoying to think that you rushed back when you could have had more time there though. I think it's just ****'s law when things like this happen. Have a lovely Easter, anyway.

Joan :grin:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif