Advice needed ~ need to appeal for DLA

Options
psyart
psyart Member Posts: 600
edited 22. Apr 2011, 09:45 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone ~ hope everyone is enjoying this brill weather ~ hope its bringing relief ~ even small amounts.

I had to reapply for DLA ~ and again been told I am only eligable for the lower amount of care ~ which i expected :!: :cry:

But in the letter is says i am not eligible for the higher amount of mobility ~ but doesnt say any thing about the lower amount. So I am going to appeal. Last time the CAB helped me ~ but all the offices are shut unless you have an appointment & when I ring the number it goes to recorded messages :!:

so I am going to apeal on my own ~ but need words of wisdom please and suggestions on how to word it :!:

thanks for reading this and hope someone can help me.

hugs and love to all

Louise xx
e050.gifo050.gif

Comments

• dee2010
    dee2010 Member Posts: 41
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    hi jean you can ask them to look at it again before you appeal, it sometimes work, it did for me and hopefully you. if it doesn't you can then appeal.
    and the benefit for you is that you don't need to include cab untill needed.
    good luck and take care.
    RA since feb 2010

methotrexate, plaquenil, prednisolone, diclafeac, tramadol, co-codamol, enbrel

**Davina**
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Options
    Hi Louise, definately write to them and ask them to look at their decision again, stating your mobility problems and how it affects you, ie pain, safety, risk of falls, requiring supervision. As Dee says, see what they say to your request to have the award looked at again, then you can move onto the next level and we will help as much as possible. Take care XX Bubbles

oh, nearly forgot, keep a copy of all letters too XX
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • Pherstun
    Pherstun Member Posts: 96
    Options
    Not sure how it works but I know for ill health you have to apply for the lower level first, then try for the higher level. I would suggest applying for the lowest level (or if you're already on a level, the next one up) and do it in steps like that.
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Louise,

I know what you mean about the CAB but what about DIAL in Hayle? might be worth phoning them as your more likely to be successful with help i think?

Really hope they will re-look at it but if not them you could do with some help to fight it out I think.

Fingers crossed and hope your doing ok flower? Been on the bellows and will keep on them a while yet though not sure where this wind has come from :lol:

You have a good Easter and leaving you a ((((( ))))) and a hope. love Cris xxx