Five Questions DWP Ask

elainebadknee
elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
edited 25. Apr 2011, 07:00 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi

I have just found out from someone who lives up in scotland, someone who is on DLA (it may apply to ESa, incap benefit)....That in order to go through the people on benefits and to decipher about their situation, they ring the person up, ask them five questions and depending on how they answer them, this determines if their benefits get cut/cancelled.
The person concerned where i found out the info has poor mental health and their social worker has advised them to pass on the social worker's telephone number and they will answer them for the person.

Has anyone else heard of this happening? Its news to me, but then again a lot of things are!

Elainex

Comments

• constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Elaine

No I have never heard of that before, I know down our way they just keep assessing you, but you have to go them in person.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Hi Elaine -
    I did receive a call, out of the blue and a good while back now, from the DLA, asking

"what would happen if you fell over at home while on your own"? How wide open is that question? I just said, "assuming that I was alive :!: :!: , I would try and call for help, depending if any limbs were broken, or if I was conscious". They didn't call again.
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Karen

Well yeah I know but i dont know if scotland is different as it can be for other things.....

Elainex
    constable wrote:
    Hi Elaine

No I have never heard of that before, I know down our way they just keep assessing you, but you have to go them in person.

Karen xx
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Bubbles

Oh that sounds like the sort of thing i was describing.....Hope nothing more comes of it but they're so sneaky nowdays....

elainex
    bubbles wrote:
    Hi Elaine -
    I did receive a call, out of the blue and a good while back now, from the DLA, asking

"what would happen if you fell over at home while on your own"? How wide open is that question? I just said, "assuming that I was alive :!: :!: , I would try and call for help, depending if any limbs were broken, or if I was conscious". They didn't call again.
  • psyart
    psyart Member Posts: 600
    hi when i hd a letter from DLA they did state that they may ring me and ask questions ~ but I have never heard anything from them thank goodness.

louise xx
    e050.gifo050.gif
  • elainebadknee
    Hiya

Which means when you think its safe they will call then...Wonder if its just DLA then and not ESA.....Im curious..

elainex
    psyart wrote:
    hi when i hd a letter from DLA they did state that they may ring me and ask questions ~ but I have never heard anything from them thank goodness.

louise xx