No more INR checks (well for a few wks anyway)

Options
joann1
joann1 Member Posts: 263
edited 23. Apr 2011, 03:43 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hiya Everyone

Well ive had my last INR blood test yesterday for a few weeks, the pharmacist let me no that im due to finish my treatment the middle of may and since my level was 2.2 i could leave it till the final blood test before treatment finishes YEAH.............. so this means that i can finally concentrate on getting my knee better, i saw consultant on tuesday last with the co-ordination team they were slightly annoyed because the physio had been doing the wrong exercises with me, they said im a special case (u can imagine what my partner said haha) because of the way my knees are situated (not straight) so they should have been taking a different approach than normal, so ive now been referred to the senior physio who is going to start back at the beginning and get me walking without my crutches and without the knee giving away hopefully, consultant also said that he had to arthroscope someone who had the same procedure as me and there cartledge was going inside the knee beautifully which was great to hear, i see him next in july which he said should hopefully be able to tell if the graft is starting to work, at the min still taking as much painrelief as before the op but i look at it as its still coming together and should start to gradually be reduced the more this cartledge grows, so what can i say apart from so far so good hopefully there will be more patients with arthritis able to have this procedure if it works.
Hope you al have a lovely easter holiday
Jo-Ann
x
Jo-Ann

Comments

• joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Jo-Ann

It's good to hear that you are progressing well with this new kind of treatment. All the best for the future, and have a lovely Easter.

Joan :grin:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Joann!

Now that is GOOD news!

Those blood tsets are the worst thing aren't they?

I DO hope your graft is working and you will have some great news in July

Love

Toni xx