Inr/Operation update x x

Options
joann1
joann1 Member Posts: 263
edited 22. Apr 2011, 15:19 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hiya Everyone

Well ive had my last INR blood test yesterday for a few weeks, the pharmacist let me no that im due to finish my treatment the middle of may and since my level was 2.2 i could leave it till the final blood test before treatment finishes YEAH.............. so this means that i can finally concentrate on getting my knee better, i saw consultant on tuesday last with the co-ordination team they were slightly annoyed because the physio had been doing the wrong exercises with me, they said im a special case (u can imagine what my partner said haha) because of the way my knees are situated (not straight) so they should have been taking a different approach than normal, so ive now been referred to the senior physio who is going to start back at the beginning and get me walking without my crutches and without the knee giving away hopefully, consultant also said that he had to arthroscope someone who had the same procedure as me and there cartledge was going inside the knee beautifully which was great to hear, i see him next in july which he said should hopefully be able to tell if the graft is starting to work, at the min still taking as much painrelief as before the op but i look at it as its still coming together and should start to gradually be reduced the more this cartledge grows, so what can i say apart from so far so good hopefully there will be more patients with arthritis able to have this procedure if it works.
Hope you al have a lovely easter holiday
Jo-Ann
x
Jo-Ann

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Jo-Ann,

Its absolutely incredible this! I m so pleased you came and gave an update cus well.. you never know a few of us might benefit from this kind of procedure.

Not so good about the physio but glad they are now at last gong to get it right.

please keep in touch and good on you and so hope the cartilage continues to grow. Cris x
  • joann1
    Options
    skezier wrote:
    Hi Jo-Ann,

Its absolutely incredible this! I m so pleased you came and gave an update cus well.. you never know a few of us might benefit from this kind of procedure.

Not so good about the physio but glad they are now at last gong to get it right.

please keep in touch and good on you and so hope the cartilage continues to grow. Cris x

Thanks Cris

I wasnt happy a few weeks ago but that was more becasue of the blood clot, but once i saw consultant on tuesday and he explained a few things i became alot more positive, i just look at the physio as something that just happened i no carolyn who im seeing in future will certainly put me through my paces but she is such a lovely person i'll allow her that after all if it was not for her in the first place i would not be doing this trial at the moment.
    Jo-Ann
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Jo-Ann,

Yep you can only look at it as a blip. She should now get you back on track and well I thinks it incredible and maybe one day it will become the norm? Its people like you that got through it that will make it happen for the others who follow so a huge thank you and well done and more hopes now it will all go to plan. Cris x
  • joann1
    Options
    skezier wrote:
    Hi Jo-Ann,

Yep you can only look at it as a blip. She should now get you back on track and well I thinks it incredible and maybe one day it will become the norm? Its people like you that got through it that will make it happen for the others who follow so a huge thank you and well done and more hopes now it will all go to plan. Cris x

Your giving me a big head now Cris haha
    x
    Jo-Ann
  • skezier
    Options
    hey that wont hurt you for this one :wink: x