The Royal Romance

joanlawson
joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
edited 24. Apr 2011, 06:27 in Community Chit-chat archive
Have you seen this video about the Royal Romance? It was made by a choir which was formed at St. Andrew's University, and the Kate Middleton look-alike is a first year student there. It made me smile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAlnM7RUDcA

Joan :grin:
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• border
    border Member Posts: 94
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Video and lyrics very good. Hiopoe all goes well for the couple.
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Now is the chance for the "royals" those happy buch of state supported Germans and Greeks to do the hounerable thing and that's for flappy ears and Mrs Pitpull to stand aside and let the new blood take the top seat. This is a golden opertunity but I bet it wont happen.
    William and Kate for King and Queen I say, stop this OAP power fest were subjected to right now, it's all so old and worn out, the Queen looks like she's chewing a wasp and Philip looks like his spitting image puppet and Charle's well I always think of in breed hillbillies from the film Deliverance.
    Hand it over let these two great looking charming young adults take over it would do so much for a lot of us, this country needs change so lets start here.
    But I guess the Queen will go on till she clocks it then Charles will take over and then it's back to old worn out boring normality.
    Oh and for Christ sake change the bloody national athem!, it's like a durge played out over a Russian gulag speakers system I flippin hate it, it makes me cringe when I hear it.
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Hi Mell

I think that the Queen will live to at least 100 like her mother, so that would make Prince Charles around 80 when he became king. If he also lived to 100, that would mean that Prince William wouldn't become king until he was in his late 60s. As you say, the younger generation would be very popular as king and queen, but I don't imagine that anything will change because it would be a huge break with tradition. I also think that Prince Charles wouldn't agree to it. As for Camilla, I think Charles is set on the idea of her becoming Queen Camilla.

I think that William and Kate will be very popular in their own right though, but I hope that the press won't hound them like they did Diana. Unlike Charles and Diana, I think that William and Kate are genuinely in love, so they will be better equipped to deal with everything. Good luck to them, say I :!: :grin:

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • NinaKKang
    NinaKKang Member Posts: 663
    Camilla can't ever be Queen, though, can she? Because Charles divorced to marry her - same reason she can't be called a Pincess, like Di?

I'm pretty anti-royal but I have enjoyed looking at all the memorabilia you can buy for the royal wedding. Am particularly loving the pink union jacks and am seiously considering having a tea party next Friday just for the hell of it :D

Nxx
  • Bookseverywhere
    Bookseverywhere Member Posts: 196
    I hope William Windsor and Kate Middleton have a long and happy life, but not at the expense of the public purse. I think it is about time the monarchy was replaced with a democratically elected president. The notion of the title Head of State being inherited appals me, as does the class based privilege that the so-called royal family represent.

I know it will be some time before we get rid of the monarchy and have a truly democratic society. However, at the very least two indefensible aspects of the monarchy could and should be abolished forthwith. The first is that being in line for the throne should not depend on gender, as it does now. The second is the sectarian and anti-Catholic Act of Settlement, which goes back several hundred years, and says that a Catholic cannot be head of state, nor can the head of state be married to a Catholic. At least those two forms of discrimination should go.

Hopefully, in time, there will be a majority for the abolition of the monarchy and its replacement by a democratically elected head of state.

Up here in Scotland, there is very little interest in the wedding of these two, with only Edinburgh having any serious celebrations.

Best wishes,
    Kevin.