blood results

JoBee28
JoBee28 Member Posts: 4
edited 24. Apr 2011, 09:51 in Living with Arthritis archive
I am a 40year old female. I have had a swollen left foot and ankle (pitting edema) for 12 weeks which was a little painful to begin with but I have been pain free for 6 weeks. I had blood tests done Rheumatoid factor >200 Alt>00 plasma viscosity 2.18 Sed 70 IgG positive. I have seen I rheumatologist and there does not appear to be any swelling within my joints so she thought I might be a liver problem. I have had a liver scan which showed that I have a normal liver. I wll be having an MRI done of my foot in a few weeks time. Could I have RA? My liver enzymes have been high for over a month the only medication I take is thyroxine I am not a heavy drinker I have completely stopped whilst my enzymes are high. Also now that I know that my liver is ok would it be save to drink alchol or do I have to wait for my liver enzymes to go down?
My mum had chronic RA

Comments

• tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello again JoBee.

Glad to see you have reposted the message from the helpline thread on here. Forum seems a bit quiiet at the moment, but I am sure you will get some replies as people start to log-on during the day.

Love Tilly xxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi JoBee
    And a very warm welcome to this lovely forum, Im sorry you had to find us, but we do all try to support one another.
    Like Tilly says it a bit quite on here at the moment, think its the good weather we are having.
    Sorry I cant help with your question , has I have OA, but hopefully someone will be along soon.
    You could also ring the helpline at the top of the forum, they are really helpful.
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Hi JoBee

I am the same as Barbara, I have OA. so I can't help you, but wanted to welcome you to the forum, everyone on here is really nice and we all do our best to help others out. I'm sure there will be someone along who will be able to help you. Also you can go on the chit chat forum then to val's cafe where you can just a virtual drinky and food, and have a chat with others really about anything.
    Shall look forward to seeing wound the forum.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    hi i not much help either have inflimation but never when go to rhummy and they never tell me what my bloods r rhummy not the most talkative bloke but his meds help so forgive him lol
    val
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    You will get plenty of people on the forum who can talk to you, honest, it's just it's easter. There are a lot of people who have RA and they are always willing to help.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Jo,

Welcome from me as well :grin: They are a good lot here and support they do so well.

With a positive result it might be ra but sometimes a second test will show it negative.. that's what happened to me and turns out I have pa but the good thing for you is they are doing the mri.

That will show what it is and whats going on with luck. After that you should have a better idea and a confirmed diagnosis.

Just remember Jo if it turns out you have its not the end of the world, even though it feel like it. With a few drugs to control it and help with the pain its ok really.

Oh if it swells take photos of it so you can show them if its gone down and sometimes a diagnosis is also done on history so it might be an idea to keep a kinda of pain diary.

Hope you will soon get the mri and we do half decent pocket duties if you need us. Nice to meet you. Cris x