I Had A Crazy Notion

elainebadknee
elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
edited 26. Apr 2011, 06:01 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi

That is that somehow i could maybe, just maybe with help of gardening seat, that i could wash my car. Its a nice day, the car looks a bit grubby so off i went with bucket n seat and sponge to get to work on my trusty Fabia (my dad owns a Volvo which strangely enough i declined to wash)....
So was going not too bad, move seat, do sections...The roof of the car was a bugbear however, could not get into middle of it and do it properly. Then i couldnt do front bit as volvo was parked too close to me, so dad did that bit...
Next we tried to affix a hose to rinse the car, which was a feat itself...About 2 fixings later and lots of shouting from dad "did he have to to everything himself", lol....A rinse was done.....Last thing was to sit again on seat and do wheels with sponge, again as best as i could, then i ran out of steam...
It aint the cleanest the little car has ever looked, and im sure there are many undone patches, but as dad said, its a wash and im quite happy i did it relatively smoothly.....

Elainex

Comments

• julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    well done elaine

I really miss washing my car and cutting the lawn. I loved both jobs but haven't been able to do them for years :cry:

I am sure that even though you say it isn't the cleanest its ever been you are proud to have done your best.

Juliepf x
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Good for you , Elaine , you had a go at an awkward job and succeeded well . You can now sit back and feel rightly pleased with yourself , it must be very satisfying looking at your shiny clean motor . Jillyb
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Well done Elaine. I managed to wash the childrens climbing frame stretch canvas seating areas. They have been covered in bird poo and muddy feet and old leaves as the frame is 10 years old it had a lot to clean. So when tipped on its side I was able to give the seats a lovely wash. I don't feel so bad letting hem play on it now.
    As for the car.........

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Julie

Well yes i did do it and it isnt the best bath its ever had but the effort was made.....I really ran out of steam washing wheeltrims and sat against an itchy tree too..

Elainex
    julie47 wrote:
    well done elaine

I really miss washing my car and cutting the lawn. I loved both jobs but haven't been able to do them for years :cry:

I am sure that even though you say it isn't the cleanest its ever been you are proud to have done your best.

Juliepf x
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Jillyb1

Well yes the fact its a small car helped....I mean its still got patches that couldve been done better but its had a douse...

Elainex
    jillyb1 wrote:
    Good for you , Elaine , you had a go at an awkward job and succeeded well . You can now sit back and feel rightly pleased with yourself , it must be very satisfying looking at your shiny clean motor . Jillyb
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Elizabeth

Well done you too cleaning the climbing frame! Its wonderful how we find ways to do things isnt it?

Elainex
    tkachev wrote:
    Well done Elaine. I managed to wash the childrens climbing frame stretch canvas seating areas. They have been covered in bird poo and muddy feet and old leaves as the frame is 10 years old it had a lot to clean. So when tipped on its side I was able to give the seats a lovely wash. I don't feel so bad letting hem play on it now.
    As for the car.........

Elizabeth
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    It took me a few days! I dropped the cloth and couldn't pick it up once. :roll:

E x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • elainebadknee
    Hiya

Oh i know that feeling!!! I sat down to do one of me wheels today and got a load of twigs n stuff down back of me trousers...When went to loo they were all down at bottom...ha!

Elainex
    tkachev wrote:
    It took me a few days! I dropped the cloth and couldn't pick it up once. :roll:

E x
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Elaine now you have had a good nights rest

a bucket and sponge awaits you here...... :lol:

Will throw in a coffee and a cake. :lol:

Juliepf x
  • elainebadknee
    Hi Julie

will only accept if can pour water over me and sponge meself down....

No coffee. tea please and no cake im on a diet!! Banana?

Elainex
    julie47 wrote:
    Elaine now you have had a good nights rest

a bucket and sponge awaits you here...... :lol:

Will throw in a coffee and a cake. :lol:

Juliepf x
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    I csan now wash most of the car but find the wheels a real pain.I take ours to the jet wash 1 euro 50 cents and the car is done Idle bugger!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • elainebadknee
    Shame on you tone!!!

I tired to do dad's volvo yesterday (alloys)..did two but then one near to door and not enough room for me had to concede!!!! Had a wobble on gardening stool too...

Elainex
    tonesp wrote:
    I csan now wash most of the car but find the wheels a real pain.I take ours to the jet wash 1 euro 50 cents and the car is done Idle bugger!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol: