GOING AWAY FOR A FEW DAYS

hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 2. May 2011, 12:33 in Living with Arthritis archive
Just to let you know I'm not ignoring you all....I know there are a few messages I havent caught up with yet....I'm going over to Northern Ireland tomorrow morning 5am....I thought there was only one 5 o'clock in the day :lol::lol::lol: ....Going to see my mam who is now 88 yrs old.....I'll be back on Friday evening....no guarantee I'll be on then but will be on over the weekend sometime
Love
Hileena

Comments

• ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Hileena,
    Have a lovely time with your mum and I hope the weather holds for you. Forgive me for not getting up in time to wave you off!!! :lol:
    Lv, Ix
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Hi Hileena
    Hope you have a lovely time.

Take care
    Juliepf x
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Have a lovely time visiting your mum Hileena.

Take care
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Hileena
    You have a lovely time and hopefully a rest when you get there,
    Take care
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Hope you have a lovely time Hileena - and hope you managed the outrageously (sp?) early start!

Love Tilly xxx
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Hi Hileena.
    have a lovely time with your mum.i hope you are not too tired when you get there.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • Compositor
    Compositor Member Posts: 122
    Hello Hileena

I'm a little late to wave you off, but, I do hope you have/did enjoy your trip to mum. My mum is in her early eighties and lives just 3/4 miles away, although I can't get there every day I always make sure I speak to her every morning. My wife and I have been slowly touring Ireland over the years, but, she will not go over the border yet, believe me I have tried, but, to no avail. Although I'm not finding easy to travel these days, I do my best for my wifes sake. Sandra has been doing her family tree stuff for many years and finally we managed to get great help in a place called Corrafin or Corrifin in South Ireland, I've never seen somebody so made up with delight when she was in the church at the font her gggrandparents had been christened. Hope you had/have a safe comfortable journey home and mum is well. Take care and good luck.

John x
  • hileena111
    Hi,
    Well got back about 7pm tonight {Fri} My mam wasnt as good as she had hoped.....she had hoped we could get out a bit even if we didnt walk very far but she only came out once....the rest of the time my brother took me to a shopping center and then picked me up again. I'm shattered because I've done a lot of walking {for me} I didnt hire a scooter {stoopid!!!!! :lol: }
    I think we'll be away for the day tomorrow ...probably York.......but my scooter will be going with us :lol:
    Love
    Hileena
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Welcome back Hileena. Sorry your mam was not as well as hoped but it's nice that you were able to spend time together.

Hope you have a lovely day out in York today - and that the weather is as lovely with you as it is here today.

Love Tillyxxx
  • hileena111
    Hi, Just got back from York....the weather was beautiful apart from a bit of a chill wind but even on my scooter I managed without a coat {just short sleeves} Got to admit I stayed on the sunny side of the streets :lol:
    Love
    Hileena
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Hi hileena

Sorry your mum wasn't too good.

Hope you enjoyed your day in york....Love york, especially when the sun shines.
    And yes isn't it lovely to be able to go out on the scooter in just a tee shirt and jumper rather than the big coats.
    Juliepf x
  • hileena111
    Hi, Just trying to catch up on posts here LOL you wouldnt believe that 4 or 5 days away could make such a difference.....emails/posts from my groups/pms etc...I'm still plodding through some of them :lol:
    I did have a great day in York and yes it is great to be able to use the scooter and not have tobe "muffled up"
    Love
    Hileena
  • hileena111
    Hi, Just trying to catch up on posts here LOL you wouldnt believe that 4 or 5 days away could make such a difference.....emails/posts from my groups/pms etc...I'm still plodding through some of them :lol:
    I did have a great day in York and yes it is great to be able to use the scooter and not have tobe "muffled up"
    Love
    Hileena