Rash on face - make it go away!!!!

Options
MissKat
MissKat Member Posts: 124
edited 26. Apr 2011, 07:07 in Living with Arthritis archive
Anyone else had / know / advise on this rash that has appeared on my face... when I've thought about it, it's since I've come off the Prednisolone about 2 weeks ago now. You think you're doing well taking a big step like that then BAMM... something else comes along to make my day!

It's like a red blotchy rash over my cheeks / cheek bones and up beside my eyes. Most fetching as you can imagine :sad:

The doctor prescribed an acne cream called Duac, but this just seems to dry out my skin beyond belief so now have blotchy rash and flaky face :shock:

H.O.T.

!!! Please someone tell me how to make it go away !!!

Comments

• MissKat
    MissKat Member Posts: 124
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Lynn,

Yes, am on MTX... have been in the sun a bit, but not a lot... have always been careful in the sun :???: I saw in a previous post about the effect the sun can have... hmm, do you think it could be that?

MissKat
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi MissKat

So sorry about your rash.

Could it be an allergy to something d'you think? Would you consider speaking to your pharmacist to see if they think it would be worth trying an anti-histamine to see if that would help? I do think that Lynn's suggestion of contacting your rheumatology nurse for advice is a good one.

Really good luck - please do keep us posted.

Love Tilly xxx