First day back from holidays and ouch!

Options
scozzie
scozzie Member Posts: 333
edited 5. May 2011, 04:43 in Living with Arthritis archive
Oh well it's my first day back from holidays, still without a diagnosis and hands hurting badly. On top of which we are snowed under here and doing 12-hour shifts again!
I actually woke up this morning with almost "normal" hands (painwise), but now ... ouch!
I know my symptoms aren't that bad in comparison to most of you on here, but my hands are driving me mad.
Take care
Laurie

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Laurie

Not sure whether l have met you before, but l am so sorry your hands are playing you up at the mo :sad: oddly enough so are mine and it's a new one on me too :shock:

I hope the 12 hour shifts are not for too many days and you can rest soon.

and.....that you have happy memories of the hols to look back on :smile:

Love

Toni xx
  • madwestie
    madwestie Member Posts: 383
    Options
    Laurie, That is very back down to earth with a bump isn't it.
    I do hope that you get a diagnosis soon and can start getting the right treatment to help your hands.

Hope you had a lovely holiday

Tracey
  • scozzie
    Options
    Well, here I am three days back from Holidays and desperately needing another one and alas no Royal Wedding/May Day long weekend for our company. The 12-hour shifts finished yesterday, after two days, and I discovered a way to get away from the pain of my hands ... on Tuesday afternoon I pulled/tore small muscles in my right arm whilst trying to repeatedly lift items whilst trying to take the stress off my hands with my lack of grip ... lol. The area is rather swollen and acutely painful.
    Whilst this pain has somewhat masked my ongoing joint soreness, every so often I'll do something which will remind me very quickly of why I've joined this site.
    Yesterday morning I woke to the feeling of pins and needles in several of my left hand's finger joints, in the joints themselves, not the muscles. Is this normal?
    Laurie
  • scozzie
    Options
    A wee update – it seems the soreness in my right arm wasn't a tear it was in fact tendonitis of thumb. So now my right arm is in a splint ... lol.
    Laurie
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    oh dear laurie

I bet you wish you had stayed on holiday.

Hope you dont have to wear the splint too long and hope it isnt too irritating.

Take care
    Juliepf x ps. don't know if we have met.....welcome anyway.
  • scozzie
    Options
    Thanks Julie, Toni and Tracey, nice to meet you all. Staying on holidays would've been a great option, if only I could afford it ... lol.
    In the meantime I'm still waiting on the Rheumy appointment ... so we can find out about everything else that hurts ... lol.
    Laurie
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Scozzie,
    Ouch that one will be painful. I hope you get your appointment through soon.
    Not easy being one handed, I hope the splint is helping.
    Lv, Ix
  • scozzie
    Options
    Thanks Ironic, the splint is helping somewhat, no more arm pain, but it is driving me mad ... lol. And because of the splint I'm on light duties for a while, although I can't do anything else whilst wearing it.

Laurie