Easter "Holiday" - huh

Options
NinaKKang
NinaKKang Member Posts: 663
edited 27. Apr 2011, 17:27 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hello everyone

Been a bit absent lately, mostly due to being so busy at work, but also because they've got really strict about using the computers at work now - we're only allowed to use them for work purposes! What IS the world coming to?? I always used to use my lunchbreaks to see how you lot were and to do a bit of internet banking... but now I have to do that at home!

Anyway, I'm off until 3rd May, having taken advantage of the bank holidays to have a nice long break. Well, I say "break". Our kitchen STILL isn't finished. Bl00dy builder, promised us 3 weeks ago that the job would only take 3 or 4 days to finish and, like a complete chump, I believed him. I was hoping to spend my holiday baking delicious things in my kitchen with it's new counters, HUGE American fridge (yes, I have one of those ridiculous ones now) and 8 gas ringed double oven, then washing everything in my new dish washer. However, I've spent most of it so far sitting in a building site with half the things I need to make anything in the kitchen either in the living room or the garage - SIGH! My parents have been very good to us but it's a bit trying having tea with your mum and dad every night when you're 34 with kids of your own and they insist on treating you as if you're still a wayward teenager!

As well as all that, we have 2 weddings to attend (haven't been invited to the Royal one). One was last weekend, the other this weekend. The girls wanted friends over to play so I did that in one fell swoop yesterday afternoon too... They've done very well though, our girls, considering, very well behaved, so I treated them to a shopping trip and a MacDonalds lunch today.

So that's my Easter so far. How's everyone else been doing? I'm a bit disappointed at the coolness of the weather today, compared to the last week or so, but I suppose it couldn't have lasted?

Nina XX

Comments

• constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Nina, they are taking a long time with your kitchen aren't they. Is always the way when you are looking forward to something that you have to wait longer. Hope that you in there soon and doing your cooking and cleaning in there.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi Nina

oh dear your kitchen not yet finished and you had wanted to use your holidays making nice things in it.
    Builders never keep their promise.....I have learnt this in the past.
    Still get disappointed though.
    Last year at this time we were having a conservatory built. And our start date moved due to easter hols and the finish date due to them being a pain..........looks nice now though and i am happy.

Hope it doesn't take too long now. I am sure it will be worth waiting for.
    Sounds fabulous.
    Take care
    Juliepf x
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Nina

It sounds as though you are having a busy time with the kitchen refit and two weddings to attend. The kitchen will be super once it's finished.....very smart :!: You will have to give me a guided tour next time we come to visit. Enjoy the rest of your holiday.
    Love to you, Sunny, Ellen, Simie, and Jassie xxx

Joan :grin:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    Hi Nina

what a frustrating time you are having!!!

Poor you!

NOW l know why l have seen so much less of you! I think that a lot of businesses wont let us online at all at work anymore...ours used to look at our histories, but banned it in the end and mobile phones as well.

I suppose we are being paid......to work.....

Had my step-daughter's 16th birthday on Monday :smile:

Hope the girls are ok

Love

Toni xx
  • NinaKKang
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

Yes, very busy time but I do still come on to read the posts - you lot do make me laugh :D

The builder's had a surge of energy this week and my dishwasher, cooker and worktops are IN. He does a great job once he actually sets his mind to it! He also plans to plumb in the fridge before he leaves tonight because he wants to finish the worktops completely... He's come up with a couple of ideas which I hadn't thought of too.

The thing is, we've always used this same builder because he (was) reliable and we can hand him the keys and trust him in the house while we're all out. I don't think we'll be using him again though, I really do feel he's taken the p1ss this time! Never mind, I think we're on the home stretch now with all this and I can see the end in sight. Maybe I shouldn't tempt fate and post that though??

Joan, you WILL get a guided tour, of course! Been trying to ring you this morning, suppose you're gadding about with your hubby :D

Further installments to follow... Good to hear from you all

Nxx
  • NinaKKang
    Options
    NO NO NO, it's not that bad, really! :lol:

Seriously though, Len, you would always be very welcome for a cup of cha :D

Nxx