had 1st appt with NEW physio & im down to 1 crutch YEAH!!!!!

Options
joann1
joann1 Member Posts: 263
edited 27. Apr 2011, 01:52 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hiya everyone
hope you have all had a lovely easter

Had my first appointment with carolyn my new physio and can you believe im down to one crutch already YEAH!!!!!!! :grin: Finally felt like i was getting somewhere today, she went through all the previous exercises and showed me how i should be doing them nice a slowly not like i was previously (the other physio was wanting to lock my knee out then straight back into another exercise) Carolyn said this wasnt appropriate for me as if anything it was just agrivating it, so from no on exercise has to be done slowly which to be honest i felt more today doing that, she asked how i would feel going down to one crutch which i was up for trying, apart from walking very wierdly which really i supose is walking properly to others seems to be ok at the min, it has to be the strangest feeling ever though hopefully it will start to feel abit normal soon and i can think about going back to work.
Jo-Ann
x x
Jo-Ann

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    well done great news keep going and you will be running soon val
    val
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi jo-ann
    That is good news ....1. only one crutch ......2 a physio who knows what they are doing.
    I am pleased for you and hope you can return to work soon.

Take care
    Juliepf x
  • joann1
    joann1 Member Posts: 263
    Options
    Thankyou

it was just the tonic i needed to make me feel slightly normal for today
    anyway

x x x
    Jo-Ann
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    getting a physio that knows what they are doing is half the battle so pleased for you and you are as normal as any of us lol val
    val