First appt with NEW physio & down to 1 crutch YEAH!

Options
joann1
joann1 Member Posts: 263
edited 28. Apr 2011, 02:17 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hiya everyone
hope you have all had a lovely easter

Had my first appointment with carolyn my new physio and can you believe im down to one crutch already YEAH!!!!!!! Finally felt like i was getting somewhere today, she went through all the previous exercises and showed me how i should be doing them nice a slowly not like i was previously (the other physio was wanting to lock my knee out then straight back into another exercise) Carolyn said this wasnt appropriate for me as if anything it was just agrivating it, so from no on exercise has to be done slowly which to be honest i felt more today doing that, she asked how i would feel going down to one crutch which i was up for trying, apart from walking very wierdly which really i supose is walking properly to others seems to be ok at the min, it has to be the strangest feeling ever though hopefully it will start to feel abit normal soon and i can think about going back to work.
Jo-Ann
x x
Jo-Ann

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Jo-ann

I am so pleased for you - you are doiing so well :smile: I bet you are really pleased.

Sounds like you have found a good physio to help you get more mobile....gently...and the one crutch! amazing! you must be chuffed to bits.

Of course work is your main aim, but the physio can guide you when. Mine was very anxious for me to get back after my back opp saying taht it actaully HELPS people get a better recovery.

Love and hugs

Toni xx
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Jo-ann

Good to see you have a lovely physio there and are finding it helpful. Makes all the difference to feel supported and guided in the right way so I hope it all continues to go well for you.
    Good luck with it all.
    Chris
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    So pleased for you Jo-Ann! Yeah indeed!
    :grin:
    Love Tillyxxx
  • madwestie
    madwestie Member Posts: 383
    Options
    Jo-Ann i am really please to hear you have a good physio and can work together to improve your knee and 1 crutch is a real acheivement

Tracey
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Jo-Ann,

You know you are doing so well and now with the right physio your flying. Glad you have clicked with this one and even better you being given the right exercises to help you now. Keep us posted please? Cris xx