Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

However your life is impacted by arthritis we want to understand more about you so that we can make sure we continue to develop our information, support and services such as the online community.

If you've not already, please take 5 -10 minutes to fill in our survey. All information you provide will remain anonymous and be treated in the strictest confidence. TAKE OUR SURVEY

what's in a name

madwestiemadwestie Posts: 383
edited 28. Apr 2011, 15:15 in Living with Arthritis archive
I was reading berty's post about his THR called NED and this reminded me that i called my crutch Ernie and wonder if anyone else gave strange things names and why?

I called it Ernie cos it the fastest crutch in the west ( i am showing my age now- for those not old enough it was a song by benny hill called Ernie who was the fastest milkman in the west)

I wondered why berty called his hip replacement NED?

Anyone else got any good ones.

Tracey

Comments

• skezierskezier Posts: 12,150
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Tracey,

makes sense to me that you name things... i do to a degree but mostly its nickname type names and well it makes sense to me .... mind.... my sanity is a bit off :lol:

Leaving a (((( )))) and a chew stick for Maddie. Cris xx
    g045.gifg045.gifg045.gif
  • frogmortonfrogmorton Posts: 25,124 ✭✭
    Hi Tracy

You are not odd - l think it makes it less upsetting needing these things in our lives and anyway it's funny when the names are apt.

I know Hileena calls her scooter the 'paddymobile' (hope she doesn't mind me saying :???: )

ERNIE is a good one too :wink:

Love

Toni xx
    Love

Toni xxx
  • chris7chris7 Posts: 2,890
    Hi Tracy

Interesting point and yes am sure others have given things names, but maybe some can't be printed here eh! :lol: I will watch this one though.
    take care
    Chris ( who is old enough to remember Benny Hill, so un pc these days but very funny :grin: )
  • borderborder Posts: 94
    What about 'Go-Go le Bruce' (mobility scooter with Scottish flag on it)?