Who was your first love?

Options
joanlawson
joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
edited 30. Apr 2011, 19:27 in Community Chit-chat archive
On the day before the Royal Wedding, love is in the air, so can you remember your first love :?:

I was 11 years old and still at junior school when the teacher made me sit next to a boy in an effort to stop me chattering so much and concentrate more on my work. ( some hope :roll: ) Anyway, he was lovely, and he let me copy all his maths because I was so useless at it. I was besotted by him, and then I couldn't concentrate on my work anyway. No wonder I failed my 11+ exam :roll: The romance came to an end when his parents sent him off to boarding school, and I never saw him again after that. Ah, sad, wasn't it :?: :cry:

Joan :grin:
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh dear , Joan , this will be embarrassing to admit but here goes . My first love was Johnny Watson who lived a few doors up the road ; we were inseperable from the ages of 6 to 8 ; mainly because I loved his 2 cats and his baby sister ! I was also besotted by the singer Ronnie Carroll and still own most of his records . Jillyb
  • joanlawson
    edited 28. Apr 2011, 10:18
    Options
    Hi Jilly

That was sweet :!: I wonder where Johnny Watson is now :?: He will smile if he reads this :grin:

Like you with Ronnie Carroll, I had a big crush on the actor James Dean, and I had his photo plastered all over my bedroom walls.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    age 11 on way back from belgium, only lasted two weeks as had to babysit little brother while mum was at work. but stayed friends for years
    val
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I married my 1st love! I had a few boyfriends before him, but he was the one who gave me butterfly's in my tummy and made my heart rush! You really do know your 1st love because that is what happens.
    My famous crush is :- Bono from U2, we met him when we went to see a U2 concert in London we came across the hotel they where staying. He came out and walked across the line signing stuff and he came up to Phil (OH) and he chatted to Bono and he came up to me and I couldn't speak and he went to walk away and I said can you sign my top and he wrote got to get Bono off my chest! I still have the top!
  • NinaKKang
    NinaKKang Member Posts: 663
    Options
    It's really sad, I know, but my first proper love was and still is my hubby. My cousin is best friends with his brother and it was my cousin who introduced us. That was 14 and a half years ago and we never looked back :D I had a couple of dalliances with love before that but they were nowhere near the real thing.

Famous crushes? Those who know me know that there can only be one for me and that's Robert De Niro!

Nxx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    David was my first love. We played together all the time as kids(5-11).When we went to senior school it faded away. I have mentioned before he died in his 20's falling from a roof building leaving behind 5 very young children.
    I recently looked on fb to see how his children had turned out! Just to see how they had coped without their dad really.

E
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    I was 14 and we where together for 2 yrs when he was killed on his motorbike....how strange it feels talking about it...I can still feel the sadness....after 46 years
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • caterina57
    caterina57 Member Posts: 1,424
    Options
    Aw Barbara that is so sad,
    My first love was my friends brother I was 19, after a year he ditched me, met someone else married her and had 11 children. 35 years later I am still single, he is still with his wife and his sister is still one of my best friends!
    Cath
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    Jean McBride We were both 13 She dumped me for another lad She could have been living the life of Reilly here in Spain But still lives in Chester
    :evil :evil :evil
  • Pherstun
    Pherstun Member Posts: 96
    Options
    My first love was in Primary School, a lad called Robert. From around age 8 to 11 he was my best friend and we hung out at his house regularly. He was my first kiss - a chaste peck on the lips, in the school playground one break time - a teacher spotted us and made us stand at opposite ends of the schoolroom wall for the rest of play time!

The love of my life though is my hubby, maybe that story should be told another time... :)
  • jilly
    jilly Member Posts: 503
    Options
    My first love was at 13 and he was 14 ,Meet at the annual fair , he took me on the cocks and hens fair ground ride , we got married , I was 16 and my Dad did'nt aprove, said it would'nt last ,how wrong he was , we have been married for 46years . .................jillyx....
  • katknapp
    katknapp Member Posts: 709
    Options
    i loved this boy from afar,his name was dean and all the girls sighed when he walked past,i sent him a note which said "do you fancy me tick yes or no lol....sadly he ticked no...he broke my heart lol
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Was that before he was plastered all over a tree?[/quote]

Yes Del, I cried buckets on 30th September, 1955, the day that James Dean was killed in a car crash. He was only 24.
  • Compositor
    Compositor Member Posts: 122
    Options
    That is easy...I love myself :shock: Is that a little Cheesy haha

My first love was and still is my wife, 4 years before we married and almost 40 years currently. I have never loved nor been with another at all, because of true honest repect for the lady. In times of my need she responded with kindness, honestly, reliability gentleness, understanding, trust and complete respect and selflessness for herself. Although I tried to better that love, her stength carried me, our children and respective families to follow...I always remember my vow, and she to me on that terribly cold in July...we said...we'll have fish and chips on the way home haha

Is that Chessy enough for you x
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Sounds a bit fishy to me :lol:
  • joanlawson
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    Ruth, bitch :evil

It didn't go well then,Del :?: Such is life :roll:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I thought my first love was a certain Andrew Buchanan (all 6' 10" of him) but I didn't know what love was, or felt like, until I met Mr DD. Unfortunately I had married someone else just three months before (not AB). I am a total hussy. :oops: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • joanlawson
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    I thought my first love was a certain Andrew Buchanan (all 6' 10" of him) but I didn't know what love was, or felt like, until I met Mr DD. Unfortunately I had married someone else just three months before (not AB). I am a total hussy. :oops: DD

:lol::lol::lol:

As they say, marry in haste, and repent at leisure :!: :lol: But I'm glad that you found Mr. Right in the end. :grin:
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Options
    A girl in a green dress who I met in the Tower
    ballroom at Blackpool.
  • cthornley
    cthornley Member Posts: 627
    Options
    My first crush was a lovely boy called Tim, he came to my 6th birthday party dressed as spiderman...pity it wasn't fancy dress so he hid under the table for the whole party in embarrassment
    We moved away so I broke his heart but I still have (the softy that I am btw I'm now 32!) the letter he sent me on postman pat letterhead saying how much he missed me & that daffodils reminded him of me. I've often wondered what happened to him.

My first real love is still a great friend and has just moved to america with his new bride. He still knows me better than most and I treasure the friendship we have whilst thanking god that I turned him down when he asked me to be his Mrs. :roll:

Chrissie
  • joanlawson
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    Jacqueline my next door neighbour when we were kids.. I went abroad and returned many years late, I was a hunk.. a Greek God, my looks could snap knicker elastic at 50 yards.. we met again, I had her name tattooed on my arm..only the letter J.. I was short on cash and have a low pain threshold.. she left for a pox doctors clerk.. I met Dementia my beloved 40 odd years ago, her and Fat Kev are very close friends, Fat Kev is helping her with the new bedroom.there is always a lot of banging going on up there. I think Dementia likes what Fat Kev is doing because I can sometimes hear little squeals of delight,, they have been at it for hours. I suppose it will look nice when it is finished.

Len, this is so difficult...........I don't quite know how to break the news to you......... I know how naive you are about such matters...........but I think the time has come to tell you.............don't take this too badly................

Fat Kev finished doing up the bedroom two years ago. :eek: :shock: