Had a great day out!

Options
Pherstun
Pherstun Member Posts: 96
edited 1. May 2011, 16:56 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hubby and I took advantage of the good weather and having a long weekend to go to Liverpool today (we live in Leeds).

He drives, so I didn't have to worry about that bit.

Liverpool isn't massively hilly but it's not entirely flat either. I had on my mega clumpy but extremely comfy walking boots and my normal feet, ankle, knee and elbow supports, plus had two walking sticks!

We got there around 10am and barring the occasional sit down and dinner I was on my feet until around 4pm. I took ibuprofen, co-codamol and tramadol at various times during the day.

My big toes started aching early on (been told this is due to the joints from the toe end to the heel being stiff) and the tramadol was needed as the final painkiller for my hips but the other joints were very well behaved. I don't think I could have done this without the recent corticosteroid back injection.

I am very pleased that I got round the day without having to think much about whether I would hurt - tomorrow and the day after may be a different matter but at least I have time before going back to work for it all to settle!

Debbie

Comments

• constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Debbie, so glad you had a lovelly day out with hubby, it makes all the difference doesn't it. And hopefully you wont feel to bad tomorrow to enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    Hi Debbie

so glad you had such a lovely day out. You DID do well to be on your feet pretty well 6 hours!!

Good to know you can still do it - albeit with the help of some support, physical and medicationwise!!!

I will cross fingers that you get NO payback at all.

Love

toni xx
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Debbie,
    Good for you for going out and enjoying every moment. It does give you a much need boost when we have these good times.
    It is great when we hear that things work out for us. Long may the injection work its magic for you.
    Are you planning the next trip out? I hope so. We try and go out on a Saturday; we take a flask and go where the weather is best. Lovely to just drive and take the day as it comes isn’t it?
    Lv, Ix
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Debbie

Good to see you enjoyed your weekend and managed to do so much in Liverpool. So nice to have a change of scene and in all this lovely sunshine we are having too. :grin: Glad it went well. Hope you have rested a bit today and can have another rest up tomorrow before getting back to work.
    take care
    Chris
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, That sounds like a fantastic way of spending the day! A change of scene is really good for anyone but, especially when you can't get out so much and to enjoy it with your husband must have been special for you both!!! :wink:

I love the positive posts, it makes me feel better! Love Suexxxx