ESA Medical Assessment

Options
Hils
Hils Member Posts: 24
edited 7. May 2011, 11:16 in Living with Arthritis archive
It's happened!!

I have to attend the ATOL medical on May 24th. Dreading it. Any advice would be welcome.

It is all happening at once. My husband had a heart attack 3 weeks ago. Thank goodness he is recovering well. I found out 3 days before this that i will be needing an operation on my brain to rectify an Aneurysm. I have passed this particular info to DWP regarding my ESA and hope it will be taken into account.

Phew it never rains without it poors does it folks. :shock:

Comments

• kneegirl
    kneegirl Member Posts: 492
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    The drs that do the medicals are generally very poor - don't want to scare or worry you Hilary but when I had mine last year when I had had very major surgery so needed it for 4 months (was on JSA prior to this) the Dr didn't take into account my mobility issues (feet hips and knees) because I could raise my leg and my mental health was fine he said I didn't meet the criteria for ESA - fortunately I found this out when I was going back onto JSA.

xxx
    event.png
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    Oh Hils, you are really going through the mill right now, aren't you?

I'm afraid I can't be any help over the ATOL medical but I shall be thinking of you and hoping all goes well.

Please keep us informed about both you and your husband.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Hils
    Im so sorry you are having to go through all this, life really is shift sometimes....I do hope your hubby makes a good recovery, and that your op which my sil has had goes well.....she had hers 18months ago and she is fine
    Sorry I cant help with the ESA..but I can wish you well with it.
    And please let us know how you and hubby are doing.
    Love
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • madwestie
    madwestie Member Posts: 383
    Options
    Hils,
    I haven't been down the ESA route but i have the DLA one and i found that getting letters from as many medical people as you can about your health position helps, so from your doctor, consultant, ot, physio anyone who can explain your condition and how it affects you then they cannot deny they have other medical evidence.
    At least it can't hurt your cause.

Hope you get on ok

Tracey
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    I'm sorry life is being so unfair to you and hope that the fkkk ATOS doctor has some sense, surely some must. People do get through first time, but if you don't appeal, I got mine on appeal. The very best of good luck. love Suexxxx
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Hiya Hils

Well if we are talking about logic here then you should undoubtedly get the ESA no problem at all...But we are talking about non logical people here and i hope to god they see sense and just let you have the pittance and dont put you through the mill...
    Really hoping common sense will prevail and that all aspects of yours and your husbands health gets better.....

elainex
    Hils wrote:
    It's happened!!

I have to attend the ATOL medical on May 24th. Dreading it. Any advice would be welcome.

It is all happening at once. My husband had a heart attack 3 weeks ago. Thank goodness he is recovering well. I found out 3 days before this that i will be needing an operation on my brain to rectify an Aneurysm. I have passed this particular info to DWP regarding my ESA and hope it will be taken into account.

Phew it never rains without it poors does it folks. :shock: