Options
2»

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Niecsey

Good to see you flower! I am late cus I don't always wonder in here.

I think the physio might have done you a favor cus with that as a possibility your gp has to send you to see a rumo!

With a bit of luck they will do some tests and xrays and come up with not only a confirmed diagnosis but also some real treatment. would be about time as well.

I think i have some vague memory that AS can be done by a blood test but i am not functioning too well and that may be way off. I know I had one looking for something with numbers hen my back started to fuse up.

Mine isn't AS but it is fusing its self up with a lot of extra bone growth. I try and keep it supple (well I think i possible cane it into submission to be honest) but there are some specific exercises to try and keep it moving.

You can find them on the AC site and they are worth doing.

I have to say I wouldn't let a chiro or an osteopath near my neck and spine..... leaned that one over 20 years ago cus it isn't' going to straighten no matter how much they yank me about :lol: They don't always seem to understand that if its mechanical it might have a reason why its off center :wink:

It might help some people and the passive chiro is ok cus thats more trigger points.

Hang in there girl and at least you have seen someone and got the stalemate broken.

Hey still try and change doctors flower. Cris x
  • niecsey
    niecsey Member Posts: 75
    Options
    Hello you ok(ish)? x lm pretty hopeful NOW ... but will see.... did you know the blood test for AS isnt forced to show you have the gene? and some have the gene and dont get AS? l think some sort of scan on my lower back would be the way to go! Buy never mind will see what happens! Ive a pretty bad eye at the moment, its red streaked and l have a few jelly spots as well as my usual jelly like covering on the opposite side of my eye :(.... lve looked at uvetis??? and l, not sure cant see anything about then 'jelly' been part of it? The physio really helped she kneaded all way down my spine each place she pressed on it felt like l had bones poking through but felt more like she was sticking something bony into me she applied the same pressure to my arm and l couldnt believe how soft she was pressing lol lm doing my exercises everytime l think of it and l have a bit more movement but no way like l use to be lm like a robot lol but boy has it releuved some of the chest pain :)
  • niecsey
    niecsey Member Posts: 75
    Options
    Sorry had to start a new post it wouldnt let me write any more box started scrolling. So have you all the symptoms of AS too but because of the blood test they said no? Cos l do know others diagnosed with it who also have normal blood tests? Thats my fear cos my docs once bloo comes back normal they tend to just leave you :(!!! She never mentioned seeing rheumy... she just said she was writing to my doc as l have too much stuff going on and she thinks its AS and recommending l be tested for it. Sorry if lm waffling hubby got up early to go out and woke me lm still half asleep writing this lol :) Ypu mentioned xrays... l had a spine xray 2.4 months ago do you think they will do them again? Also when they do the spine xray does that include the sacrilum joints too? Right just realised l shouldnt be posting here SORRY.. will make my own post when lm more awake lol thanks for the reply though and you take care xxxx PS Postie just brought letter from my doc!! He wants to see me!