An Irish rant!.

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 17. May 2011, 15:49 in Community Chit-chat archive
Right rant head well and truly on.
The Queen goes to Ireland today on an “historic” visit, now I know we were buggers to them in the past but ye gods don’t these people ever forgive and forget, their still arguing about the fecking battle of the Boyne which was over 500 flippin years ago for gods sake!.
I am totally worn out trying not to appease and understand people who are so tied up with hatred and tribalism that it sticks in their head in a loop of total anger and makes the application of mindless violence seem a good idea!.
We lost two relatives in both wars but I don’t hate Germans because of it, that was then this is now.
The BBC as usual love this kind of “minority” thing and are going well overboard on picking nat poo out of ground pepper to make it seem interesting when it isn’t, and typically they are trying to sound sombre and philosophical about it which makes me want to gag.
We now have Ian Paisley aka captain shout getting all girlie with the ginger haired cycle path otherwise known as Martin McGuiness when a few years ago they were sworn enemies, it took god knows what just to get these to bigots into a room to actually talk for a bit and low and behold they found out that they actually like each other so much now they go round to each others houses for flippin T!.
Is it me but don’t you think that they might have tried chatting first before going all mental and unleashing mass murder and misery on the rest of us?.
Nope if I were one of that lot I’d feel more than slightly embarrassed that we went through all the murder and hunger striking and general violence etc just to end up liking the other lot as much as they now do.
Churchill said it jaw jaw rather than war war. Mind you now this lot have been having girlie soapy baths for the last 10 years the young ones who they brain washed all those years ago are now getting a rush of testosterone to the head and don’t seem to be interested in talking to anyone and so the cycle goes on and on, now I wonder where they got that idea from?.
PS it would make a great carry on stlye comedy if it wern't so sad.

Comments

• katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Being British and having grown up in Eire - in fact near Drogheda where the Battle of the Boyne continued ..... sorry but I feel a' Michael Caine' moment coming on peeps "there is a street in Drogheda called Scarlet Street - so called because it ran red with the blood of the Irish" and not a lot of people know that!! Sorry I digress as I was saying having grown up in Eire during the 70's I knew quite a lot of 'bad feeling' first hand. But although I was british I made friendships that have lasted for decades. Having been there for so long I suppose I got a bit of an accent and after a while people forgot I was British. Now if something 'kicks off' and I speak to a friend about it who is a Republican through and through, she tell me I don't count as British because I'd lived there!! I just wish there wasn't so much media coverage because all that achieves is to rattle cages and bringing up past hurts. Live and let live I say.

It doesn't matter what colour, creed or sex we may be, we are all the same inside made up of blood vessels, bones and gorey bits.

Love Kate xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Brilliant rant Mell...
    Love
    Barbara
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Sick of it all.... There are real tragedies happening in the world, can't do with aerosols going on and on about the past, just grow up you little shifts.......
    Somebody at some point has to just say enough is enough... Either that or use my usual solution for aerosols..........

You must know this one by now Mell..

All together now, one, two, three:

BURN EM :green :green :green
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP