Bump But Avoid The Bird

Options
elainebadknee
elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
edited 19. May 2011, 19:08 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi

Im as sick as parrot...Just been to dentist for check up and it is a pretty tight car park... Was quite happy as showed HC2 form so didnt pay for treatment then it got worse.
Coming out of dentists in car park, a baby wood pigeon was sat there, clearly thrown out of nest or injured, whatever it wouldnt move and i didnt want to pick it up.....It was just in my line of reverse route...So gets in car and all time looking in mirrors to avoid baby, the caught a flipping pillar and felt sick to stomach....On inspection it has taken off colour as its a colour coded bumper, plus scratched black trim....God only knows what it'll cost to repair, im thinking about £200 plus....
I havent done anything like this for over 10 years so really sick and my car aint a merc or nothing posh but its bodywork was good....

Elaine :-(x

Comments

• jellybaby45
    jellybaby45 Bots Posts: 58
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    sorry elaine, guess you,ll get your reward in heaven,not much comfort now though, :sad: jelly.
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Jelly

So anoying and Im glad baby was okay, i think if you touch them then that makes the parents less likely to go back to them (heard that anyway), thats why i didnt pick the baby up.....

:-(x
    sorry elaine, guess you,ll get your reward in heaven,not much comfort now though, :sad: jelly.
  • jellybaby45
    jellybaby45 Bots Posts: 58
    Options
    hi elaine i think thats more animals ,i dont think birds are like that,could be very wrong though.no noses .but you did right to care would probably have done the same.jelly think its a girl thing.jelly. :smile:
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Jelly

Well i always been told that but never mind...I couldnt kill an animal, i would feel physically sick....

Elainex
    hi elaine i think thats more animals ,i dont think birds are like that,could be very wrong though.no noses .but you did right to care would probably have done the same.jelly think its a girl thing.jelly. :smile:
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Well done for avoiding the baby bird but such a shame about the car. Did you scrape the paint off and avoid a dent?

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    HI Elizabeth

No dent but bumper scraped and as its colour coded it shows up badly even though its no wider than my hand....Have been quoted £120 to get it rectified...

elainex
    tkachev wrote:
    Well done for avoiding the baby bird but such a shame about the car. Did you scrape the paint off and avoid a dent?

Elizabeth