Did I mention that ...

Options
daylily
daylily Member Posts: 619
edited 20. May 2011, 06:23 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi Del,
I always know when they've arrived as my garden bench is covered in mud from nest building.
The landlady keeps apologising but I'd rather see the birds than have a clean bench.

Comments

• coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    i love watching the birds, we have a heron which visits the stream by me occasionally i get to see him,
  • jellybaby45
    jellybaby45 Bots Posts: 58
    Options
    duck pond by us ,good fishing but we have to keep a check for the hooks and lines that get leftthere,we live in such a small space the birds will soon be dive bombing the washingjelly :smile: .. :eek:
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    I'm impressed del I'd love them and swallows to nest here but they dont for some reason.
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    We usually get house martins nesting under the eaves right over the back door. They make an awful mess with their droppings, and you have to be careful not to get splattered as you go out. However, I love to see the birds flying in and out of the nests, and to hear the baby birds twittering, so it's a small price to pay. They haven't arrived yet, but I keep watching out for them.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    got a black bird nest oppisite back door they doing a good job of keeping bugs off lawn
    val
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Will they be swifts I see in the evening ...darting about...they are wonderful to watch.....Im not sure where they are nesting..
    Love
    Barbara
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    barbara12 wrote:
    Will they be swifts I see in the evening ...darting about...they are wonderful to watch.....Im not sure where they are nesting..

And screeching a lot too if they are Swifts :lol:

We have a Blackbird that does a fair impression of a wolf whistle :grin:
    I will listen out tonight....thanks del
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I am lucky where I live, I have only been in my house 6 years and the wildlife here is lovely. My back garden has hawthorn bushes and trees so I get to see alsorts of birds. I sit in our conservatory sometimes with my binoculars and bird watching book and bird watch! Seen alot of sparrows they love the hawthorn bushes! We have a local fox (a dog fox!) who walks up our road and through gardens (one being mine seen him a couple of times) to get to the field behind our houses. In my garden their are also toads and hedgehogs. It is packed with nature and I love it! :smile:
    Amanda, (bubbadog).