What would you do???

Options
kneegirl
kneegirl Member Posts: 492
edited 20. May 2011, 06:37 in Community Chit-chat archive
I have orchestra on a Thursday night. I normally have a lift there and back but my lift is on holiday and if I go I will have to pay £12 each way for a taxi. Our concert is on 28th May, and I have next Thursday then 4 hour rehearsal on the Saturday. What would you do? I really am thinking about not going as I really can't justify £24 in taxi fares!

xxxxx :)
event.png

Comments

• kneegirl
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    thanks for the overwhelming response!!

Anyway from talking to a friend I have decided to go and hope I get a lift home.

xx
    event.png
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Sarcasm is not a polite response, is it? People will answer if they feel they can but if the answer is blindingly obvious, which I think it is, then why post? You have apparently made a committment to this orchestra, you have frequently mentioned your concert but balk at paying a taxi fare to fulfil your obligations. And you have answered your own question anyway. I hope the rehearsal goes well. Do you only play only the one instrument?
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    hi is there no one else who could give you a lift i am suprised that you did not ask around before your friend went away it is a lot on taxi fares but as a one off might be worth it enjoy and do hope you get lift back . we do have to wait for replys as not every one has time to get on every day val
    val
  • kneegirl
    Options
    No I play several instruments.

Regards

kneegirl
    event.png
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Options
    Where did they put their handbags or musical instruments?
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Eee, young uns today eh......

Word on the street is you need to take a chill pill...

Are you always this impatient kneegirl :shock: :lol:
    Sorry, just picturing you getting really impatient with the rest of the orchestra..... Come on bassoon, keep up :shock: :wink::lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Kneegirl, I know you must have been stressed and unsure what to do, but sometimes people don't get to posts for a while and miss what you have written. But to write sarcastic remarks at people who are friendly and 'watch your back' isn't nice or a clever thing to do! I think before you post a comment next time you should count to 3 and take a deep breath. :smile: Amanda. (bubbadog).

P.S if you need to talk to someone you can send me a private message and I may get to it within 3 minutes! LOL!!. :wink: