A bit of a moan...Bad couple of weeks

Options
lupin15
lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
edited 20. May 2011, 09:08 in Community Chit-chat archive
Sometimes i just wonder why when things happens why do they come in groups. Over the past few weeks i have been told my dad looks like he has cancer (skin) and has 4 lumps removed from his legs and another big op on friday on about 1/4 of his head. Bless him he has extra complications as he has immune difficulty and his on oxygen with his lungs. Mum has to go in for biop on her lungs next Tuesday ? cancer. Daughter rushed to hospital (pregnant) happy ending baby and she if fine. Hubbys back went and he has been really bad bless him. Leak in the bathroom...no not the veg type...cannot find where it is coming from...grrr It has come down into the shower room before..only a damp patch and now in the lobby beside it...which makes me think it has been going for a while...man coming out tomorrow to look at it... ( Large bill heading our way!!!) Window in front room the glass has crack so that will need replacing.Left coat in rental car while hubbys car was in for its service. Our wee lad that moved on his new carer is being difficult about letting us see him and cancelled telephone contact and yes finally locked out of the house and had to climb over the fence to get in...Thank god i had under wear on :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I now think i am really due some luck :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Comments

• joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Lupin

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having such a tough time, especially regarding your Mum and Dad. I do hope that your Dad's operation will be successful, and also that your Mum will be OK. It's a worrying time for you, so I think you are entitled to have a good moan. It often does seem that life conspires against you with one thing after another in this way. I've gone through some really bad patches like this when both my parents were ill at the same time. Then more minor problems seem to pile up to beat you down as well. I'm glad that at least you managed to get into the house anyway. You certainly do deserve some better luck.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    Options
    Hi Lupin,
    I'm so sorry to hear about your mum and dad, but good news with daughter and baby :grin: how wonderful.
    I'm going through a similar 'bad patch' I've been very ill recently and since then ive been in and out of hospital with one thing and and another so much I feel like I should have a camp bed set up there :lol:
    I think we're just going through it at the moment, it will get better :grin:
    Chin up, thinking of you and sending hugs your way xxxxx
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    It's called life. It's a bloody nuisance, sometimes, it really is, but it's probably better than the alternative (sometimes I wonder :roll: ). The major cause of illness is life, the major cause of leaks and cracked windows etc is needing a house to live in and that needs maintenance and that is another aspect of life, leaving your coat in a car is a result of the absentmindedness induced by the stresses of life, your new grandchild is a result of life being perpetuated onto the next generation, wee lad is a result of someone else perpetuating life and of your kindness (we all know how he repays that) BUT - there are some good things around and I hope they come more to the fore over the next few weeks. Illigitamei nil carborundum. (I can't manage the correct spelling of the first word, sorry. :oops: ) If you are unsure as to the meaning of that PM me and I will tell you! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    well life is interesting for you not a dull moment parents are a worry just as children are but we would not be with out them they bring ups as well as down and i am sure that you are due for more ups and new small one in the family will bring loads of them leaving you some((( hugs))) for the next few weeks to help you through till life gets better val
    val
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    Options
    Thanks folks....had a grrrr morning at work. Changed my job spec on fridays as the only TA is not doing her work properly. I am supporting the children and she is suppose to be doing admin.....well you have probably guessed it only put one pile of papers away in a cupboard (missed some so i had to put those away!!!) and typed up " Can you draw 5 objects that are a rectangle shape" print and stick into 6 books....and that was in 3 hours !!!! To say i am bloody hoping mad is putting it lightly... second week this has gone on. Was speaking with the teacher and did not realise she was on our computers on the other side of the room. Think she may of heard some of it but beyond caring. Told the teacher i work with straight i am not doing any more....why should support in her class and do all my admin. Have got to go for a meeting with head teacher next Monday and am going to say something. As a person this woman is great but as a work collogue rubbish. The head teacher is aware of this and really she should have been sacked years ago....but i donot see why i should carry her any more. I have 17 1/2 hours paid work a week and she has 25. I do the same amount of work as her ...in fact more...right i am off to find some bubble wrap to de-stress with...